The most advanced reading comprehension tool in the App Store!
5th Grade Fiction & Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension was designed for the classroom, as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• This collection of 20 original stories was written specifically for this app
• Choose between fiction, non-fiction, or a mix of both fiction and non-fiction selections
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 5th grade level
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Email student test results to share their progress
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
Teachers: stories and question sets from this app can be assigned as activities in Apple's Schoolwork app
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included <
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 5th Grade:
• Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical or scientific text based on specific information in the text
• Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area
• Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s)
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"This app helped me in my reading. Now I have an A+. I am very happy I did this app."
"These apps are awesome! Our boys absolutely love these. We have done 3rd, 4th & 5th grade comprehension. They love the fun aspect of getting the questions right, and think of these more as games than the learning apps they are."
Many of our best new features were based on YOUR feedback! Thank you so much to the countless teachers that have reached out and provided suggestions and feature requests over the past few years! Please do not hesitate to continue reaching out to us at any time!
Additional classroom features:
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Have students choose a specific fiction or non-fiction story from the table of contents
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
Non-fiction topics include:
• Predator Insects!
• The Origin of Thanksgiving
• Ernest Shackleton's Endurance
• Women's Suffrage: Getting the Vote
• The Story of Jane Goodall
• Pompeii: The Buried City
• Global Climate Change and You
• Jackie Robinson: Bringing Equality to Baseball
• Clara Barton: Angel of the Battlefield
• LeBron James: His Life Story
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 9-11
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
- Listen to audio of each story and read along
- Dynamic font for stories
Leave us a review, and let us know how you feel about our apps! Thanks so much for all your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Great during Summer Break!
We have had struggles with showing teachers via tests that what is being read is comprehended and understood. This app has helped her practice over Summer Break in a fun way. We will continue to use this even when school starts up again!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your great review! We are glad the app has been helpful for your reading practice! 🙂
I need more
Please make more books or add more books every once in a while I like the books in this one it’s just that I want y’all to add more because I’ve finished all of them and I don’t want to do them all again it’s boring so please add more books.
Another thing is that I’m vegan and in one the the books in another app of yours there is something about meet and it hurts me to see animal meats. Love Nathan. Thanks
A Four star review
I love this app.While I do it it feels like I could do it forever.But don’t underestimate it because it is not like other boring apps. Plus it does not contain any adds!But there is a problem because I just wish there were fiction books in it.If there were fiction books in it then maybe I would have some more fun.But still the app is acceptable and the 3 dollars I gave were worth it.I recommend this app for kids who love learning new facts.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review! There are some fiction and some non-fiction stories in the app. Let us know if you have any other suggestions. Keep practicing your reading and you will keep getting better and better!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Peekaboo Studios LLC
- 40.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Peekaboo Studios
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.