The 6ABC app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
Your California Privacy Rights - https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/current-privacy-policy/your-california-privacy-rights/
Do Not Sell My Information - https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/dnsmi
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I Luv NYC
I had the pleasure and exciting first trip to the Big Apple when I was only 11 years old and I fell in love. The year was 1955 and over the years I have never lost my love of a little boy that lived in a small coal mining town in Northeastern Pennsylvania. I have been back multiple times but was never able to be there on the most exciting night of the year in Time Square. I was able to do that by taking my 14 year old grandson with
me to see 2015 enter this world. It was so exciting and loved by the both of us, we went back to see 2016 & 2017 come in again in the joyous pens in Time Square. At 77, I had to curtail my visits and the Covid Pandemic caught up to me in May & June and I’m now struggling to make it to see the ball drop one last time from my bed. With tears in my eyes, I will say, “I ❤️ NYC!!!!”
The old version was much better
I don’t want to sound like someone who simply hates change, but the new version is horrible compared to this new one. I’m simply not a fan of the constant scroll or having to set up the news stories I want to see. How about this, if it’s news report it to me. And when you report it to me do so in an impartial format. The reporters have been doing entirely too much reporting of their thoughts and feelings on subject matters, you report it and I’ll make up my own mind as to which side I’ll believe in. It used to be called an editorial when the editor let everyone else know his thoughts, now you think it’s news whether you agree or not with what’s going on in the world, as a reader and viewer let me inform you of something, I DON’T CARE HOW YOU PERSONALLY FEEL ABOUT ANYTHING, please simply report the FACTS, and bring back the old format, and before you write me off at an elderly grouchy person, I’m 43 I work for a living, and I have my own mind in which to make choices. I am downloading the NBC 10 app, looking at the preview in the App Store it looks so much better. Goodbye ABC 6. You have just been replaced, I’ll keep watching the reviews to see if they post this one, I doubt they will since they only post the news that’s slanted their direction.
Loyal to 6ABC but the app is terrible
I’ve been a 6ABC news watcher my entire life. I follow all the socials, I downloaded every version of the app and the weather app when it was available. I’ve had nothing but frustration with all of them. The weather app always crashed. On the news app, I get news alert pop ups on my Home Screen, and when I click on them, it doesn’t take me directly to the story, it takes me to the app Home Screen, and there that headline doesn’t exist!
Lately, I get “happening live” alerts. Like today, Biden discussing the stimulus bill. I click on it, and I have to watch a 30 second ad before the “live” video begins! Then, I try to play the video in “full screen” mode by clicking on the arrows to maximize the video, then turning my phone sideways - and when I do the video crashes!! I start it again and have to watch a 30 second ad AGAIN! There’s no option to skip the ad, the ad finishes and Biden is walking away from the podium.
What’s the point?!? I’d be better off reading the newspaper at this rate.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Disney Electronic Content, Inc.
- 73.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 ABC Inc., WPVI-TV Philadelphia, PA. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.