An issue with Final Cut Pro 10.6 XML import has been reported. See https://intelligentassistance.com/fcp-10.6-import.html for a work-around.
SendToX (previously called 7toX) brings your Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro 7 or 6 XML into Final Cut Pro X so you can use Apple’s powerful new professional editing tools to update or finish your older projects. The lightweight application is simple to use, with drag-and-drop support and progress information. SendToX translates important metadata from your Project XML — including bins, clips, subclips and sequences — to a new Event in Final Cut Pro X with the highest fidelity of any translation application for Final Cut Pro. In addition, the application provides clear, detailed reporting after every translation.
• Final Cut Pro version 10.0.6 or later
• An application that exports Final Cut Pro XML (such as Premiere Pro CC, Final Cut Pro 7 or 6 , DaVinci Resolve, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Final Cut Pro 7 will not run on macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later!
Choose from three simple methods to translate Final Cut Pro 7 XML to Final Cut Pro X XML:
• Run SendToX and use the Open dialog to locate your exported XML file
• Drag-and-drop the XML file onto the SendToX application icon
• Right-click on the XML file in the Finder and choose Open With > SendToX
SendToX displays a progress bar during XML translation and, when completed, adds the new Event to the Event Library. The Event contains clips for each media file and Compound Clips for each sequence.
SendToX supports both Final Cut Pro X and the Final Cut Pro X Trial.
SendToX produces the highest fidelity translation of your Final Cut Pro Project, including the following conversions:
• Bins become Keyword Collections, complete with original Log Notes and comments
• Sequences become Compound Clips and are tagged with a “Sequences” keyword to make them easy to find
• Multicam Clips are fully supported
• Original track structures are represented by Roles
• PICT files are automatically converted to TIFF files
• 31 transitions are translated to matching transitions
• 72 video FxPlug and FxScript filters are translated to matching video filters
• 32 audio filters are translated to matching audio filters
• Layered Photoshop files are accurately translated to Layered Photoshop files in Final Cut Pro X
• Motion Tab settings (Scale, Rotation, Center, Crop, Distort and Opacity) are translated to Transform settings (Scale, Rotation, Position, Crop, Distort and Compositing Opacity)
• Composite Modes are translated to matching Compositing Blend Modes
• Constant speed changes are translated
SendToX adds red to-do markers to items that have been changed or substituted during translation. You can easily view these markers in the Timeline Index in Final Cut Pro X, and quickly jump to a specific marker to review any change in context in the timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
• Does it work with .fcp project files? - The Final Cut Pro project file is a binary format proprietary to Apple. The XML must be exported from FCP 6 or 7.
• Does it work with Final Cut Pro 6 or 5? - User testing shows that SendToX does work with XML from FCP 6 and 5. We have a concern with speed changes as that changed with version 7.
• Does it work with Final Cut Express? - Unfortunately Final Cut Express does not export XML, which is what SendToX translates. It is possible, if you have an accommodating friend, to import your project (with media) into Final Cut Pro and then export Final Cut Pro 7 (or 6) XML.
• Critical bug fix for determining the frame rate of media with a missing ntsc element
• Critical bug fix for determining an appropriate fcpxml version to build
• Bug fix for 60 fps video being tagged as 50 fps in XML from Premiere Pro
• Bug fix for an error message raised by .braw files
Ratings and Reviews
$70 total to convert a file back and forth!?
I paid XtoCC by the same company for $49 so I could send an XML to my colorist. When he sends me an XML (exported for fincal cut pro from premier but that doesnt work) I have to spend another $20 to convert the file back another way. For the first $50 I would think I could convert both ways.
Frequently updated and works well
I've had this app fince 2011 and it's one of the most frequently updated apps I own. They're always updating it to work with the latest versions an dfeatures of Premier and FCPX. I've been using this to translate PP projects to FCPX at my new job and it just works. There's often some cleanup required but it gets the job done. Highly recommended.
Good for Hobbyists
I am a hobbyist user and so far so good. Used it to convert some old FCP 7 projects to FCP X. It isn't perfect, but seems like you can work with the flaws. Biggest issues I've noticed so far are that some masking effects didn't make it through and that some audio tracks lost the fine tuning from their original versions - making the adjusted versions into the new baseline.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intelligent Assistance Software, Inc
- 4.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2012-2021 Intelligent Assistance Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.