1872, with a steampunk twist. Phileas Fogg has wagered he can circumnavigate the world in just eighty days.
Choose your own route, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
170 cities to explore. Detailed research and techno-fantasy combine in an 1872 of tensions, inventions and exploration. Climb the Burmese mountains, trek the Zulu Federation, sail up the Amazon and disappear under the Indian Ocean - but don't fall behind the time!
* TIME's #1 Game of the Year 2014
* Four times BAFTA-nominated
* Winner IGF "Excellence in Narrative" award
* "We’ve been dreaming about this future for decades. Guess what? It’s here." - New York Times
* 9/10 -- Edge Magazine
* "Interactive storytelling as its best" - The Guardian
Playing as Phileas Fogg's loyal valet, Passepartout, you must balance your master's health, your finances, and the time, as you choose your own path from city to city all the way around the world. Bribe your way onto early departures, but don't let yourself go bankrupt or you'll be sleeping rough and begging for aid! Trade items for profit, and collect the equipment for the conditions you'll face: but too much luggage will slow you down...
80 DAYS is a breakneck race, with an in-game clock that never stops running. Trains, steamers, hot-air balloons, boats, camels, horses and more leave and arrive minute by minute.
Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up - or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg's trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!
* Plan and strategise - can you find the fastest route?
* Flexible interactive narrative with thousands of choices
* Massively replayable - every journey is unique
* Explore an entire 3D globe, with 170 bespoke cities to visit
* Richly imagined, diverse alternative-history steampunk world
* Stunning art by Jaume Illustration
* Race real people in real-time: every second counts
* Live multiplayer feed, showing journeys of other players as they happen
* Share your journey with friends
- Small bug fixes and engine tech upgrades
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I thought the developers would maybe look to revise some of the collectibles or perhaps the modes of travel-- like many have stated the game can grow boring after a while.
Worth it, but...
This game is very good, and can make you feel genuinely stressed about the time limit. The game works by making you take “routes” around the world, but sometimes your path forces you to repeat events. For example, when crossing the Pacific, one of the few possible ways across is to take the ship; “Waterlilly”. I won`t spoil the event that happens with it, as it is very good, but it looses its suspence when you have to do the event three times over three playthroughs. The same problem arises on the “Dark Queen”, another ship that sails down the Mississippi River, a place where I almost always find myself gong to. Again, after multiple playthroughs, I know what to do, and nothing becomes a surprise.
Overall, this game is still quite good. Exept for a few chokepoints at the Pacific and Atlantic areas, it provides enough variation to keep things interesting.
I’ve literally bought this game for every platform/device I own. The way I see it, this game is so engrossing, beautifully design, and wonderfully written — Inkle deserves the fullest extent of my support.
I could see why this game wouldn’t be deemed as appropriate for all ages given some of the language and situations the character may encounter, however I’d play this with with younger kids so long as it’s under supervision. What an amazing way to explore the world at your fingertips than an interactive 3D world featuring such a detailed, historical-fiction environment! It’s a great way to get kids interested in history, but I’d say it’s an even better way to captivate the minds and imaginations of gamers of all ages.
- inkle Ltd
- 98.8 MB
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 inkle Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.