*** Four BAFTA-nominations -- TIME Game of 2014 -- IGF Award for Narrative Excellence -- IMGA Award for Narrative -- DICE nominated
*** "We’ve been dreaming about this future for decades. Guess what? It’s here." - New York Times
*** "Interactive storytelling as its best" - The Guardian
*** 9/10 Edge Magazine
*** #16 in IGN's "best iOS games ever"
*** #1 iOS game for August on Metacritic
Race around the globe in 80 Days or less, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
* "This brilliant interactive novel re-imagines Phileas Fogg's journey around the world... One of the finest examples of branching narrative yet created." - The Telegraph
* "For people who love high adventures and good writing, 80 Days is a voyage that must be taken" - The Verge
* "A brilliantly paced, memorable and quite frankly terrific piece of modern interactive fiction, that masterfully blends strategy, resource management and adventure" - IndieGames.com
* "one of the best iOS games of the year." - iLounge
150 cities to explore. Detailed research and techno-fantasy combine in an 1872 of tensions, inventions and exploration. Climb the Burmese mountains, trek the Zulu Federation, sail up the Amazon and disappear under the Indian Ocean - but don't fall behind the time! New adventures every time you play.
* "This is modern storytelling that engages and delights, and the bold, stylish artwork gives 80 Days almost a graphic novel feel. Pack your case, armchair Passepartout - adventure awaits!" - Joystiq
* "Is it a game? Is it a story? Both, really. And a delight." - The Telegraph - Best Novels of 2014
* "Could be the best interactive fiction game out there" - 148 Apps
* "A sublime video game to immerse yourself in" - The Examiner
* "One of the most extraordinarily memorable and unique games I’ve played in years" - Pocket Tactics
* "Everything about this game is perfect" - AppAdvice
* "Innovative and extraordinary, and unpredictable fun" - Apps Zoom
* "Rich with ideas, brilliantly written, and creates a world that you'll want to visit over and over again" - PocketGamer (gold award)
Featuring stunning art by Jaume Illustration, a half-million word script by Meg Jayanth, original music by Laurence Chapman, and built using the same ink engine that powers our critically-acclaimed Sorcery! series, 80 DAYS is an interactive adventure created by your choices, on the fly, and is different every time you play.
Playing as Phileas Fogg's loyal valet, Passepartout, you must balance your master's health, your finances, and the time, as you choose your own path from city to city all the way around the world. Bribe your way onto early departures, but don't let yourself go bankrupt or you'll be sleeping rough and begging for aid! Trade items for profit, and collect the equipment for the conditions you'll face: but too much luggage will slow you down...
80 DAYS is a breakneck race, with an in-game clock that never stops running. Trains, steamers, hot-air balloons, boats, camels, horses and more leave and arrive minute by minute.
Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up - or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg's trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!
The app is networked, with a feed that shows you the position of all the other players of the game, their routes, triumphs and disasters. You can race to be the fastest - or look ahead to learn the secrets of the world.
Share your own journey with friends, and load other's routes directly into your app so you can race head-to-head.
80 DAYS is a complete experience, with no in-app purchases, and was made by a core team of just four people. If you enjoy it, please leave a rating, and check out our Sorcery! series.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated for iPhone X! Multiplayer is back! And some previous engine trouble in the last version has been fixed thanks to a handy No. 2 wrench.
We're back to working on our new game, Heaven's Vault, but for those who want to go around the world on your iPhone X, now you can - and race others while you do so. Enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
Based on Jules Verne’s classic story, 80 Days takes you around the world in a choose-your-own-adventure game that'll have you riveted. Every person you meet, every thing you purchase—and even what you choose to pack—has an impact on your trip and can lead to a victorious journey or an utter failure. Inkle Studios’ beautiful creation is stitched together with wonderful typography, gorgeous music, and a story you’ll return to time and time again.
Amazing game, Great potential.
I am a video game tester and in my free time I like to test out mobile games. I have been so addicted to this game for a long time, after a while it does get boring. But this game is still great, if you are looking to read something and have an interactive adventure at the same time, this game is perfect for you. This game might even be educational on some levels. If you want an action packed thriller of an adventure, the money this costs will not go to waste. The reason I am leaving a four star and not a five is because at times the game can get annoying, and that can make it fun. It was all realistic just like the movie until, I got lost on ice and kidnapped by mermaids and I lost the game because of that. Overall the game is spectacular, 4/5.
Fun, educational, addictive
I'm not much of a game player but I was going on a trip, so I googled games and this one came up as one of the most popular, best games, so I got it. I have gone around the world now four times, and each time I learned some new things about the planet, different countries, oceans, cities, etc. I had to look up cities and countries on maps. We died once at the North Pole because we thought it would be brilliant to make the smallest circumference; another time we didn't intend to go there but made a navigation mistake and almost died but were rescued and made it around the world in 64 or 65 days. On another trip we were a few days late and lost the wager. We went around the world again and made it in about 74 days. I've learned that when the valet makes the wisest, less reckless decisions, we do better. If he picks up something not his, he suffers the consequences. If he goes for an evening walk, he might gather useful information or he might get pick-pocketed or arrested. Take notes, useful for other trips. Buy maps at new markets so you get more routes, then sell them. Take care of Monsieur Fogg. Buy items at markets that you can later sell. Occasionally earn extra money doing chores at your hotel. Make friends. Make sure you have enough money by visiting banks. New York to London by airship is a good route. Engage in conversations and read the news occasionally. Love and compassion usually have good outcomes. This is a great game. 5 stars.
The developer, inkle, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- inkle Ltd
- 193.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2014 inkle Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.