This app is a mobile version of international online shogi site "81Dojo" (http://81dojo.com) under the patronage of the Japan Shogi Association.
81Dojo is characterized by its unique and advanced functionalities such as the post-game analysis support, very real playing environment including professional byoyomi voice, and the internationalization. All of these feature are provided in this mobile version too. 81Dojo stays with you all the time, while you take it with your mobile to anywhere you go to. Why not take a little break and enjoy some short games at 81Dojo?
(81Dojo is completely free of charge, free download and free playing.)
1. If you are not familiar with 81Dojo yet, it is recommended that you first try the web browser version and get used to its unique features and functionalities, before using this mobile app.
2. User account registration can be done via 81Dojo website. (Non-registered users can login with guest account as well.)
3. Any comments, wishes, bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org would be appreciated. We keep improving the app quality. We would also appreciate your sending ratings and reviews if you find this app satisfactory.
1. 81Dojo has the full responsibility in the development and distribution of this app. The supporting bodies and cooperative bodies of the desktop computer oriented site "81Dojo" will not be liable to any matters related to this app.
2. In no event shall 81Dojo be legally liable to the user for any matters arising out of using this app.
Fixed a problem in kifu copy function (allowing manual copy on native system)
Ratings and Reviews
I'm impressed at how well built this system is. I really enjoy being ranked by the games that I play. Just be careful about making illegal moves, unlike standard chess games that won't let you do it in Shogi it will cost you the game.
I like 81Dojo for the most part, but the non-Japanese experience is poor for new players. When I try to get friends to download the app and play locally through WiFi we kick each other off. Additionally, on the mobile app there is no way to change the image used for the pieces to an international set, so I cannot teach my friends as easily (this feature exists on the website). Having to create an account on the website to work for mobile feels really bad and confusing.
Single player experience playing online is pretty good. Watching others is great. Signing in as guest is great.
Overall very good
The app is good, though it would be nice if there was a way to remain connected to the servers if you take too long to think and your phone auto locks. The shogi free app allows that, so I’m guessing it’s an issue on the host’s end. But the players are extremely friendly and helpful and it’s overall a very fun experience
- Tomohide Kawasaki
- 20.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 81Dojo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.