AN OSCAR WORTHY APP - 8mm was used by director Malik Bendjelloul in his Oscar-winning film "Searching for Sugar Man"!
The original retro film camera used by millions of users.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, even frame shakes, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
RECORD VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get.
• Support up to 4K HD recording with real time video effects.
INSTANTLY SWITCH EFFECTS FOR 70 DIFFERENT LOOKS
• 8 Lenses: Super 8, 16mm, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
• 13 Retro & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan, Two-Color, 2-Strip and 3-X.
• Jitter Button to imitate frame shakes of real 8mm projectors.
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
APPLY EFFECTS TO EXISTING VIDEOS
• Apply and adjust effects while playing a video from Photo library.
CREATE PRO-QUALITY MOVIES FROM 8MM CLIPS
• Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions & music. Free themes: Minimalism, Elegant. In-App Purchase themes: Silent Film, Countdown, Light Leak.
• Add soundtrack from iTunes library.
• Better support for iOS 13
• Support for Dark Mode (requires iOS 13)
• Optimized for iPad Pro's screen size
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Shooting movies on film may be a dying art, but just because we live in the digital age doesn’t mean we have to abandon our analog past. We get warm, nostalgic fuzzies from 8mm Vintage Camera’s grainy, flickery film filters and lens effects, conjuring up memories of vacation travelogues screened in wood-paneled basements. It’s not just about old-school kicks, though—this powerful suite of tools can give any video an authentic period look.
NOT ABLE TO PLAY MUSIC IN BACKGROUND???
The only big complaint I have about this app is how I’m not able to play music from my phone in the background as I use it like I would snapchat, why would it not have that feature? It would be so convenient to film with music! Would be nice if that feature is added!!!
Value for money
In an age where a “decent” app requires a monthly subscription including a quart of your blood, an app like this is amazing. Firstly, the effects of phenomenal, especially if you’re into making arty / edgy style movies for creative reasons (my favourite filter is the 1920s). Secondly, it is long supported by the developers though they’re not sucking dry the people who originally bought the app as a once-off purchase. The only way we’ll get apps like this again to be common place is if we only subscribe to services that deliver significant content regularly (like streaming services) and turn out backs on apps that initially started off as a once off buy but then changed it into a subscription model basically forcing you into B s subscriptions.
It’s a “Greed is Good” mentality and it only works if we let it. Rather, for innovation’s sake, support apps like this, then look into their latest pay once apps and support them that way.
Otherwise app tech just stagnates and grows incriminately.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- NEXVIO INC.
- 28.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Nexvio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Countdown Theme $0.99
- Silent Film Theme $0.99
- Light Leak Theme $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.