“8TRACKS IS THE FUTURE OF RADIO” –Pete Tong | BBC Radio 1
Imagine if every time you wanted to listen to a good playlist, someone gave you the perfect handmade mixtape. Welcome to 8tracks – the best place to discover & share playlists made by people.
Explore more than 3 million free playlists, all handcrafted by real people who love music as much as you. Need music for a study, workout, or chill session? Want happy, dance, or dating songs to fit your mood? A DJ on 8tracks has a mix for whatever you’re feeling. Each playlist on 8tracks tells a story, and the person who crafted it represents a soul and personality behind the music.
“PANDORA’S YOUNGER, COOLER SISTER” –David Porter | 8tracks
8tracks is the best music app to discover independent rock, hip-hop, electronic, fanmixes and more. Download today and listen to playlists with every artist, genre, activity & mood imaginable.
“IT’S THE MOST INDIE INTERNET RADIO YOU CAN EVER ASK FOR” –Pierce Manlangit
Listen completely free with ads & limits, or upgrade to 8tracks Plus for unlimited, ad-free listening.
Perks for free listeners:
• Discover mixes for every imaginable artist, genre, mood or activity under the sun
• Explore and save creative playlists with a “soul” behind the music
• Fun music community, discovering and sharing new songs together
• Crazy-good personalized playlist recommendations
• Less repetition than other apps
• Sleep timer & YouTube integration
8tracks Plus subscribers get these extra-special perks on all our platforms:
• Unlimited listening
• Banish all the ads
• No interruptions between playlists
• Use animated gifs on your playlists
• Get a flashy badge to show off to your friends and admirers
• Support independent radio and the artists you love
“8TRACKS IS MORE THAN JUST A MUSIC SERVICE – IT’S A REAL COMMUNITY BUILT ON A SHARED LOVE OF MUSIC” –Steve Aoki | Dim Mak Records
Join millions of listeners & DJs at 8tracks and discover your next favorite playlist today.
8tracks Plus billing plans:
• One month billing: $4.99
• Two month billing: $9.99
• Annual billing for full Plus subscription: $39.99
• Annual billing for ad-free on iOS only: $19.99
8tracks Plus subscriptions renew automatically at the end of each billing period from the date of sign-up. You can cancel anytime and will continue to receive the benefits of 8tracks Plus through the end of the current billing period, irrespective of cancellation date.
More 8tracks Plus subscription details:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
8tracks Plus FAQ: https://8tracks.com/plus_faq
Say hi on Twitter: http://twitter.com/8tracks
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/8tracks
Follow us on Tumblr: http://8tracks.tumblr.com
Explore our website: https://8tracks.com
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Support for iPhone XR and XS Max
Ratings and Reviews
Actual complaint and free users advice.
8tracks current glitch: putting my account as free user, when I’m a paid user ( for a freaking long time)
I loved 8tracks for a long time. When it was free worldwide, my international friends and I would share different playlists that we liked. When they closed their doors to other countries, I was sad but you can’t keep up fees to pay for servers and other things when a free service isn’t given love. When they went to subscriptions I was so freaking relieved, no more ads!
For the people complaining about ads, this is one of the cheapest subscriptions that allows you to find music based on your mood, or kind of day you want. If your complaint is that it’s not good enough as a free version, then please don’t even write a complaint. Just skip yourself to another service. A one month subscription costs, less that a normal fancy coffee at Starbucks, less than an allday bus pass in L.A., less than a pack of beer, less than a trip to the movies, and the list goes on. For something that you will enjoy on a daily bases, the 1 month subscription is really affordable. Don’t belittle this app just because you can’t and/or won’t pay for it. It has been worth each month I paid.
Advertisement Problems, But Incredible Program
I began using 8tracks a couple of years back and immediately fell in love with the interface and community. I left after the obligatory paid membership introduction, and have once again returned at the announcement of the free-with-ads membership. I do not mind the ads at all, but have been experiencing a problem (both on the app and the website interface) specifically with the Home Depot ad. If the HD ad plays first, the second ad will be silence with no picture of a company, and the timer will sit at 0:30 indefinitely. I am then forced to clear the app and re-enter (iPhone XR) or refresh the page (website) in order to continue listening. A strange problem that I never experienced in my early days of using 8tracks, but not a big enough problem for me to not use the service.
ideal music service for me
I have had an account for many years.
It’s a truly unique streaming service where the focus is on creating playlists, and the music on the playlists is secret (typically).
This allows me to discover new artists and new genres that I wouldn’t have normally decided to listen to. We’re all guilty of listening to the same 10 songs on repeat. 8tracks lets me break free from that cycle.
I especially love the playlists that cater to specific fandoms (mostly anything you can think of, there’s a playlists for it. a certain video game, a character, a book... season...). They might not be my preferred music, but it gives me a sense to understand someone else’s interpretation of *insert whatever here*.
At some point they imposed a listening limitation that made me stop using the app for awhile, but it seems to have been retracted. This is good, however, I think it’s about time I fork over $30 so i can listen to these playlists without Home Depot ads LOL.
Truthfully, it’s a relatively cheap expense, and since I love this app so much I think it’s worth it.
If you’re a nerdy, fandom-loving, need to find some niche subject to express via music, or simply an “indie” music lover, this is a great app. Download it and you’ll understand.
If you aren’t any of those, there’s still plenty of playlists you can enjoy.
Thanks 8tracks for the great times!
- 8tracks Inc.
- 123.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2015 8tracks Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 8tracks ad-free 1 year subscription $19.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription $39.99
- 8tracks Plus Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.