A massive open world RPG/dungeon crawler featuring more than 270 monsters, a fun card game with 180 cards to collect, and over 1,400 unique items to hoard!
9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil is a huge 2D open world RPG and collectathon dungeon crawler packed full of adventure! When asked to investigate mysterious, ghostly sightings around the lake of Elmson, you trek through the lands of Cedaltia to uncover the truth. Upon arrival, you hear rumors of an untrustworthy king. Taking the path of the Chosen One, you journey to Lorwyck Castle to confront a powerful enemy – traversing ancient fortresses, dark dungeons, perilous swamps, and more!
Soon, you find yourself at the heart of a foreboding prophecy. Equip your best gear and adventure across the fields of Ashwick, the snowy regions of Halstom, dense forests of Vlak, the sprawling depths of huge dungeons, and the perilous Hollow Mountains of Scorn on an epic quest to uncover the secrets of a mysterious evil force ...
Can you become the savior of Cadaltia?
• Explore a huge, seamless open world full of crypts, fortresses, villages, and more.
• Find your way across deadly dungeons, fight over 270 unique monsters, and acquire loot, treasures, and rare materials.
• Become the ultimate warrior as you unlock spells and abilities, fine-tune your attributes, and level-up your crafting abilities!
• Recruit monsters! Turn them into powerful allies with care and combat skill training.
• Collect 1,400 uniquely drawn items – including more than 300 weapons and 550 pieces of armor and accessories.
• Customize weapons and armour, go fishing, cook food, collect gems, and more!
• Kick back and play Fyued, an original card game played throughout the region with 180 collectable cards!
• Enjoy an original orchestral soundtrack.
• Help the townsfolk to prosper with sidequests that range from silly to dangerous!
Valorware is a UK-based game development and publishing company. Valorware is led by a solo-developer, focusing on producing content-rich Role Playing Games (RPGs).
- Boss HP Increased for all game modes
- Hard mode and Perma-Death modes added
- Crafting progress continues whilst playing Fyued
- NOTE- To upgrade your game to "hard mode" - enter your game and then go to options->command and enter "hardmode"
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So much adventure and freedom
This game does not hold your hand much, first off. You are given the freedom to explore with lots of areas open to you if you can find a way to survive and get there!
There is a ton of customizablility as pretty early on you unlock a 2nd player who has all the same possibilities as your first. So you can have a fighter and a mage combo, etc. Another route is to go more of a stealth ranger with pets that you raise. There is a lot of crafting and fishing mechanics which I’m usually not into. They are a litttle slow going at first but speed up. I’d recommend starting with mining/smelting and then armor and weapons, since the ore is free and you can make some money selling the stuff you make to invest in other crafting.
There really is a lot of freedom in how you explore, this has had me pretty hooked the last few days since I got it! Also, the dev is amazing, they are handling improvements with a rapid turnaround and I think it’s one person or a very small team. I expect more improvements to come but I am enjoying this a ton already and heartily recommend, if you are ok with not having your hand held.
This game..... 😃
Ok let me start off by saying that I am terrible at writing reviews. But I think this game deserves one. I have played about 2 hours of the game so far. Hands down....Awesome. The devs did a great job. So far I have had a blast. The crafting system is fun. Not to challenging but enough to keep it interesting. Combat reminds in a way of Terraria in the sense that you basically hold down attack and go. That in its self can get boring but seeing as how this is the mobile version, it works. Questing, they don’t hold your hand too much which is a good thing. Make sure you READ the dialog though. Otherwise you will have to go back to the quest menu to figure it out. Best of all the card mini game. I spent about 30 straight playing it. It’s easy to understand and fun to play. Best of all I haven’t seen a single micro transaction!!! Honestly for the price. This is a great game and I hope everyone gives this a chance because these guys really made something fun.
If you loved Cavern ...
Two of my favorite, most-played games on iOS are Cavern and Cardinal Quest II. 9th Dawn III feels like the best parts of those games multiplied by 100.
Don’t let the 2D pixel art fool you — this is truly a full-fledged, open-world game with loads of satisfying RPG mechanics.
After only a few hours of play, I’ve gotten a sense of the scale and depth of the world. So much to explore, so many quests and conversations to discover, so many monsters to fight and capture. There’s a huge variety of fighting styles and equipment, so the replay value is practically unlimited if you want to roll another character and tackle the game with a different strategy.
The simple twin stick controls are easy to use, if a little finicky (maybe add a customization setting for joystick sensitivity?) and the menus/inventory screens aren’t too cluttered. On an iPhone XR, the text is small but legible.
Overall, this is an incredibly well-made game to have come from a one-man development studio. 100% worth the $10 for such a polished premium iOS experience!
My only regret is that I didn’t discover the 9th Dawn series until now. I’ll be playing this one for a long long time, and will undoubtedly find myself re-installing and re-playing it for many years to come.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Valorware LTD
- 604.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © Valorware 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.