A fully updated version of our popular outliner and organizer NoteTaker, for macOS 10.13 through Big Sur and beyond. Now featuring iCloud support and 64-bit performance.
Organize and Share All Your Information In One Place
• NoteTaker™ 4 for macOS is an innovative, next generation application for capturing, organizing, and retrieving any kind of information in an intuitive electronic notebook. As a personal productivity tool, NoteTaker enables a powerful yet easy to use environment for working with your information.
• Use NoteTaker 4 daily in every part of your life— at home, at work, for a project, or just for fun. NoteTaker takes an intuitive, outliner approach to your task, no matter what the complexity, and you can customize it to fit your work style and information needs.
• NoteTaker 4 is fully compatible with notebooks created by the original NoteTaker and NoteShare apps
Information At Your Fingertips
• Even if you’re using NoteTaker 4 for the first time, you’ll already know how to use a NoteTaker notebook. An intuitive multi-page notebook with section tabs makes it easy to page through content just like in a regular paper-based notebook. In addition, you can tag, index, prioritize, and summarize information of any kind, performing intelligent searches without the complexity of a database system. If it’s in NoteTaker, you can find it any time from anywhere.
Notebooks for Everything
With NoteTaker 4, it’s easy and convenient to:
• Gather a variety of information throughout the day and organize it in free text, lists, outlines, or tables
• Use notebooks as central hubs for major projects, organizing schedules, contacts, document attachments, clippings from other applications, voice memos, Web links, and even live Web pages
• Keep an address book and To Do list, generating mailing lists, prioritizing tasks, and checking them off when they’re completed
• Outline, generate, and index a document—be it a professional paper, school report, or book of favorite recipes
• Record lectures while taking notes that are synced to the audio and vice versa
• View live web pages and podcasts in an embedded Web browser
• Assemble scrapbooks or briefs of Internet clippings, photos, diagrams, and movies
• Organize and summarize research notes, keep track of school assignments, and manage other school projects
• Share notebooks between multiple computers using iCloud
• Retrieve earlier versions using macOS's native document versioning
• Set a password to keep your notebook data secure with 128-bit AES encryption
Creating and Publishing Notebook Content
• Generate PDF “notebooks” anyone can view.
• Publish a Web Notebook™, making your content available over a private network or on the Internet.
• NoteTaker 4 applications are nearly unlimited when it comes to organizing notes, ideas, projects, and other information. As we like to say, “Use it every day for everything that’s on your mind.”
Who is using NoteTaker 4?
• Individuals organizing and keeping personal notebook journals, to do lists and scrapbooks
• Artists, musicians and writers creating new projects, brainstorming and reflecting
• Students taking course notes, researching topics and reviewing for exams
• Professors, teachers and tutors creating course materials, web notebooks and lectures
• Attorneys outlining case work, recording meeting notes and preparing presentations
• Researchers and scientists organizing research projects and lab notebooks
• Project managers and scrum masters organizing agile projects, writing user stories and keeping notes
• Exec teams organizing presentations, agendas and reports
• Consultants managing client projects, research and meeting notes
• Knowledge workers and team leaders enhancing and organizing their daily work
• Family members planning events and trips, tracking to do lists and keeping notes
• Engineers and software developers organizing work projects, keeping notes and clipping information from web sources
Confirmed macOS Big Sur support and fixed minor related issues.
Fixed issue that could cause a hang while editing entries.
Fixed inter-notebook hyperlinks.
Fixed display issues with single-line entries.
Fixed crash caused by some RSS content displayed in web entries.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just what I was looking for!
After trying a long list of other outliners and information managers for the Mac, I was very pleased to run across NoteTaker. I had used its former competitor, Circus Ponies Notebook, and a current competitor, OmniOutliner, extensively, and I’ve tried a bunch of other options as well.
As a college professor and consultant, I have many balls in the air at the same time and need software that can help me stay organized and move my work forward. Finally, I think I’ve found the one! NoteTaker provides a notebook metaphor that allows structured yet flexible organization of even very large and complex projects.
In addition, as other reviewers have noted, the developers are amazingly responsive to questions and feedback!
Still quite buggy - I'd wait a while longer...
I've been using this software a lot since it's rise from the ashes and I gotta say that it's still very buggy. Lots of beach-balling and unforgivable loss of data (of mostly pasted in images/files). I have to force quit it at least once a day. Frankly I just don't think I can trust it for big projects until it stabilizes. I suggest waiting a few months until the killer bugs are tracked down and squashed. Maybe you think my 2-star review is harsh, but I've lost dozens of hours dealing with files that suddenly lost 10's of megabytes of data after mindlessly editing a sentence of text. Maybe it's OK for text-only notebooks, but if you're pasting in images and files you're definitely at risk data loss (I've seen this using OS X Sierra and Mojave). I have many NoteTaker files that exceed 100MB and I just hate knowing that all the work I poured into them is full of random lost data. Also, while highly similar to the abandoned Circus Ponies Notebook, it has a long way to go before it catches up to its functionality, stability, and visual beauty.
Developer Response ,
Please send us a repeatable set of steps that show data loss. If we can reproduce the bug then we can fix it. Please include the version of macOS you are using and if you are using iCloud Drive or another method of backing up your work such as Time Machine.
Worth the Wait
Notetaker 4 is excellent, affording an efficient, secure and even fun method for storing, managing and retrieving all those various bits of information that we accumulate in life. Notetaker is very intuitive (notebook metaphor) and you can use it without a steep learning curve, although the User Manual, provided as a notebook, has plenty of pleasant surprises! I have begun migrating my data from the numerous information managers I have been using. Also, customer service has been the quickest I have ever experienced - both answering questions beforehand and helping with transitioning data. I encourage AquaMinds to develop the iOS version to make this a complete package.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AquaMinds Software Corporation
- 29.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 AquaMinds Software Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.