A Dance of Fire and Ice is a strict one-button rhythm game. Keep your focus as you guide two orbiting planets down a path without breaking their perfect equilibrium.
It's pretty hard to describe, but you should play the free online version on a desktop computer first if you are not sure if you would enjoy this game!
- More than 10 worlds, each introducing new shapes and rhythms. What do triangles, octagons or squares sound like? Each world starts with small tutorial stages and ends with a final test.
- Post-game challenges: Speed Trials for each world and a blisteringly fast bonus level for the brave.
- Calibration options: auto-calibration and manual calibration. This is a precise rhythm game, so use your ears more than your eyes when playing.
- Play new levels for free: more levels will be added over the coming months.
WARNING: This is a hard rhythm game. Not in the sense of note-spamming - for the most part all you have to do is keep a consistent beat - but this is a good test of whether you would be a good drummer. Keeping a beat is not very easy, and then weird breakbeats are added on top of that, so don't worry if you find it difficult!
- Practice Mode: By pressing the “Practice Mode” button on the Pause Menu screen while playing a level, you can practice a segment of a level that you’ve failed on. While on this mode, you can also select the part you want to practice, and the playback speed. Hope this helps you on your journey!
- Your checkpoint progress on a level is now saved even after closing the game! You can now return to the last level you played to continue from the last checkpoint.
- Level Select improvements: You can now swipe to move between portals and also there’s a much improved support for tablet screens.
Ratings and Reviews
Final songs as previews please
You do not give yourself nearly enough credit to start off. This is exactly the kind of game for me. Challenging and you can pick it up/put it down as you see fit ( as long as you can hear it, of course). I applaud thee. I have defeated all but two songs, and am perfectly happy to keep adding to my attempt count with no practice rounds. Thank you for all of the good effort put into this masterpiece. I cannot wait to dive into the recently purchased steam version for all of the player-created content!
One con: I do not think my iPhone XR can keep up on some of the later levels. It will sometimes miss on very obvious and clear non-misses ( says I hit too early or too late on painfully obvious “perfect” marks ) and it will stop vibrating mid song on a few songs, which can be distracting. This may just be my phone, however. I literally recommend this game to anyone. Casual or challenging this is the game for you! Thank you devs, I cannot wait for more content or a part two!
Best Game You’ll Ever Play
This year has been so...strange, to say the least, but this game has honestly made it so much better. I don’t know what it is about this game, but it’s so amazing and makes me feel satisfied and content while playing. The music, the simple yet challenging gameplay, the extra levels at the end— they all tie into each other to make this a truly amazing game to play. I’d honestly pay 3x this game cost just to experience it all again! The developers of this game deserve all the praise and congratulations because this app is truly a masterpiece. While the game may feel short to some, there’s a lot you can do here and the app is constantly updating and adding newer levels. My sister and I are absolutely HOOKED on this game and we'll sometimes challenge each other to see who can get highest on the speed runs. Thank you for such a great game I can’t get enough of it! The developing team deserves a clap on the back!!
This game is by far one of my favorites. I even have it on my computer where you can add custom levels on it. There is only one thing that bothers me on the mobile app though, sometimes when I press on the screen it just won’t recognize that I’m doing so and it messes up my game or whatever round I’m on. I’ve noticed this happens a few times then I try to click it again right after it passes and it doesn’t even give me the “late” message that it usually does it I click late. It might just be a device error. But that is all. Otherwise this game is very fantastic
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 7th Beat Games S.A.C.
- 653.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 7th Beat Games
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.