come light the fire and see that darkness comes in many forms.
awake. head throbbing. vision blurry. the voices say to survive.
- One of Apple's most downloaded apps of 2014.
- Ranked in the top 10 games in 70 countries, #1 app overall in 7 countries.
- No ads, no loot boxes, no IAP, no tracking.
- 100% playable via VoiceOver.
- Relive the glory days of gaming from the era of Zork.
- there was another continue button that was trying to escape. the control has been captured and put in its place.
- the back button's agility stats were too high leading to missed taps. it was given a stern talking to, and its agility stats have been lowered significantly.
- progress bars have been fed lots of cheesecake. they are tubbier and easier to poke. they were also given a new wardrobe.
- the rebellion these user interface controls attempted has hopefully been extinguished.
Ratings and Reviews
I just finished a Journey And got lots of new stuff like iron swords and steel swords and after I embarked I decided to review this application even though I haven't played it in a while. It's... it's like... so real. In this very unique Story, I had a theft in the village. Just today, this evening, The villagers, my slaves, found the bad guy and killed him and I got over ten thousand of my supplies back. Get this and go far into this story and You'll get to the guts of this incredible story. The best thing about it is before long, you're kinda combining a bunch of things together. I first bought this game because I was going on a very long trip to upper peninsula of Michigan and it first was this boring game where all you could do is stoke this fire you have lit. The cool thing about it is when the fire isn't lit, it will show it's title, a dark room. If the fire is lit, the header will show a fire lit room instead. I've beaten the game several times. But after upgrading to iPadOS 13 every time I try to listen to one of the parts of the commentary of secrets the app will crash. I am a voiceover user which makes this game a lot slower but I like it anyway.
Myself and 4 of my cousins have always been very into various types of gaming. Personally I had never experienced a game similar to this in any way. At first I was indifferent about it, It wasn’t as if I had lost interest seconds into it, but I wasn’t sure what it was all about. I took my time, I read every little message that popped up and carefully progressed through the game, soaking up every little detail. I finished the game for the 7th time earlier today and decided I would leave a review just because of how extraordinary I find this game. I want to say a huge thank you to Amir and Michael for all of the time, effort, and thought put into A Dark Room. I 10/10 recommend this game to anyone who wants to expand their gaming genre and explore a text based, time extensive game. Please take your time and try to appreciate everything about the game, and I promise you it will be worth it and you will love it.
P.S. The Ensign is also a very great game and once I have ventured farther into it and beaten it just a couple more times I will be sure to leave a review there as well.
Honestly, give it a chance
A friend of mine introduced me to the desktop version back in March of 2016. I thought it was kind of far out there and wasn’t too intrigued. After playing it for a second day, I got hooked. Ever since then I’ve been trying to play it, but I’d misplace my save file and my laptop broke. When I saw this was offered on iOS three days ago, I had no hesitation in buying it. I was so eager to play, I finished it in 3 hours. It may not seem like very long, but I knew what I was doing. It was just as frustrating when I played it the first time, but even more enjoyable. I had beaten it twice on desktop. It seems vivid and confusing, but if you notice the different nuances and patterns, it all becomes clear. You don’t get a parade upon finishing the game, it’s better, you get wisdom and insight. I plan on finishing it 3 more times this week. This game is perfect for those who want a game that allows you to explore a landscape on a limited plane, or for people who just want a game to play on the train or during a union break. I highly recommend it
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Amirali Rajan
- 27 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Amir Rajan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.