Does your child know what a tenor saxophone looks like or what a big band sounds like? This top educational app offers your kids a brand new musical learning experience!
Apple's Best app for Ages 5 & Under • Winner of a Gold Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award • Academics' Choice Award • Parents' Choice Award • Horizon Award • Best App Ever Award • NYTimes apps to acknowledge
A JAZZY DAY – SWINGING WITH THE BIG BAND is a fun and interactive story that will teach your child about music instruments. The book features original illustrations and music, as well as sounds from real acoustic instruments. Join the two cute kittens as they visit the Jazz Big Band and meet the animal musicians. Play and put your knowledge to the test.
CREATED BY PROFESSIONAL MUSIC EDUCATORS - DESIGNED FOR YOUNG KIDS
• Easy to use interactive pages designed for little fingers.
• Original Jazz Big Band music from professional musicians.
• Read to Me - reads and plays the story automatically.
• Read it Myself - allows you to read the story at your own pace.
• Educational Games : "Find the instrument" and "Which instrument sounds like this".
• Take a picture with the musical kittens and share your photo.
• This app will teach and inspire your child to start playing a music instrument.
The music instruments featured in the book are:
Thanks to all of our supporters! We are honored by the fantastic reviews:
• "This game will lay down the first foundations of musical education and be the first step towards your child wanting to play an instrument—something I still regret never doing." - Wired/Geekmom
• "A winning app. This highly user-friendly primer gives kids both a macro and micro lesson about jazz music." - Kirkus Reviews
• "Superb blend of high quality animation, original music, great story-telling, interactivity, and game playing. BRAVO!" - iHeart This App
• "This melody book is amazing! The kittens are adorable and the music is really great!" - Musicians With Apps
• "A family that loves music, and feels music is important, will benefit from having A Jazzy Day. The story is cute and the games are excellent." - Apptudes
• "A Jazzy Day is a great app that helps broaden children’s knowledge of instruments and gives them a new appreciation for music." - The iPhone Mom
If you are having SOUND issues use this EASY FIX: http://themelodybook.com/faq-jazzy
You can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoy A Jazzy Day, please consider leaving us an App Store review or rating. They really help and are much appreciated. Thanks!
Check out our latest app - "Look, I'm Making it Up!" - Introducing little ones to the concept of Improvisation.
A Jazzy Day iMessage sticker app comes with each download!
If you enjoy A Jazzy Day, please consider leaving us an App Store review or rating. They are much appreciated. Thanks!
Check out our latest app - "Look, I'm Making it Up!" - Introducing little ones to Improvisation.
Ratings and Reviews
Creative, Educational, and Beautifully Illustrated
Not only as a lover of Jazz, but also as the brother of two musicians and the son of two educators, I feel this App is wonderful for children, parents, and individuals who work with children on many levels. Besides teaching young people the way a Jazz ensemble is constructed and how Jazz musicians utilize improvisation, a skill used in life in all areas, not just the arts, this App encourages children to try something they may have not been exposed to or are not that familiar with. I am also Therapist and the research has proven that music education and education in the arts in other areas (i.e. drawing, storytelling) enhances learning in other subject areas (i.e. Math, Science). The more we expose children to the arts, the more academically successful and creative human beings they will become. I think this App is more that what it appears and its surplus meaning is significant. Thank you for making this piece of art to share with us.
Great fun/educational app
This app is excellent for anyone who wants to introduce their children to jazz music at an early age. An app like this could be fundamental in a child's development, giving them a head start to any formal education. In addition, its quite fun, and a good excuse to involve both the parent and child. There is a story book portion that can either be read by the app itself or read without audio -- a great start to get a child reading and recognizing words. Then, there is a instrument recognition game, which can keep a kid busy for hours. The animation is fantastic, cute, and runs quite smoothly. The sound effects are clear and realistic; and this is coming from a musician.
A Jazzy World vs Jazzy Day
Jazzy World is VERY disappointing. Cute app if the sound worked. Some countries like Ireland work, other countries like Kenya there is no sound. Australia sound works on some but not on others or only works for half of the reading material. I am sorry I purchased and would like my money back if that were possible. If the sound worked I would be a very happy purchaser of the application and give it 5 stars. As it stands I wish I could give it no stars. For the price I Expect the product to work! I purchased Jazzy Day first, the quality on Jazzy World is very poor
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Melody Book LLC
- 141.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © The Melody Book
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.