A LITTLE CALCULUS is a collection of more than 70 interactive topics from a first year calculus course. To be used by both teachers and students, this app is designed to aid in the teaching and learning of calculus and should serve as a nice supplement to any introductory calculus textbook. While this app cannot be used to obtain solutions to calculus problems, it can be used to numerically and/or graphically verify computations for a wide variety of problems. Ultimately, the purpose of this app is to interact with and to gain a conceptual understanding of the fundamental topics of calculus.
• Graph functions of one variable, as well as parametric and polar curves.
• Investigate precalculus topics such as the equation of a line, graphing polynomials, Pythagorean Theorem, trigonometric functions, etc.
• Understand the fundamental notion of a limit from a formal or informal point of view.
• Study rates of change using the ideas from differential calculus (e.g., secant and tangent lines, derivatives, Mean Value Theorem, Newton's method, etc.)
• Calculate the area of a region or surface, length of a curve, and volume of a solid using the techniques of integral calculus.
• Interact with parametric and polar curves (e.g., slopes, areas, arc lengths, etc.)
• Learn about sequences and series (geometric, harmonic, alternating, etc.) and approximate functions using Taylor polynomials.
• Future releases to include more features, topics, and background information on each topic.
• Customize each topic by changing any function, variable, and/or interval and by selecting from a variety of options.
• Interact with every graph (drag to change the value of a variable or to move/rotate the graph, pinch to zoom, etc.)
• Universal App (requires iOS 8.0 or later running on iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.)
• Fully functional, built-in calculator.
• No internet required, except for initial download and updates.
• No in-app purchases or advertising.
• Added support for iPhoneX and iOS 11
• Added support for Dynamic Type in iOS 10 and later
• Fixed a problem with 3D content displaying on older devices
Ratings and Reviews
Best Calc App there is
If you’re looking for an app to create amazing volumes of revolutions or known cross-sections in a way that makes students appreciate how amazing Calculus is, look no further. Spend the 99 cents - you won’t be disappointed! There are also quite a few other useful applets within this app but the volume & surface area ones are the best.
Teacher created, student centered design
A Little Calc is ideal for any math teacher to visually enhance mathematical concepts and promote higher level thinking in the classroom. Students will find a valuable resource in this app which includes a really wide range of useful topics. Buy it for yourself, buy it for your class. You won't regret it.
I noticed that my review has disappeared for some reason. I won't make this one long, but suffice it to say that I've returned to the reviews section of this app just to make sure it's getting a lot of five star ratings! It seriously deserves to show up as a five star app in the App Store.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.