“A Matter of Murder deftly weaves in rouge-like elements via a series of challenging logic puzzles. Add to this some beautifully stylized artwork and you’ll find yourself wondering where the last few hours of your life went.” — The Care and Feeding of Nerds
“It’s like every murder mystery dinner you ever attended, except way deadlier and way more fun. Trust us.”— FemHype
“There is also a more free-form mode outside of campaign that generates a fresh mystery for the player. It’s a big promise, but one on which I’m hopeful A Matter of Murder will deliver.”
—Push to Smart
ABOUT THE GAME
Zounds! One of the guests at an English house party has fallen victim to cold-blooded murder. Your weekend in the country is ruined! What choice have you but to ask your fellow guests probing questions, search the house, draw astonishingly insightful conclusions and solve the crime?
A Matter of Murder is a point-and-click puzzle game with rogue-like elements. The details of each murder are procedurally generated, so each case is different every time you play with progressively more challenging logic puzzles. A Matter of Murder can also randomly combine logic puzzles to provide seemingly endless surprises and high replayability.
• Procedurally generated content offers a different experience for each play-through.
• Interact with colorful suspects and carefully investigate your surroundings for clues.
• Hand-drawn character art brings the Victorian setting to life in all its murderous glory.
• Campaign mode provides a wide-range of increasingly difficult logic puzzles.
• Logic puzzles can be combined randomly to create new cases and unique play-throughs.
• In-game notebook automatically keeps track of the clues you collect.
• Original soundtrack with responsive musical underscoring.
• Immersive and haunting soundscape places you at the center of the storytelling experience.
• Randomly implemented plot-altering elements can change the course of the story.
What's New in our 2019 Winter Update:
- Aspect ratio optimization for new phones
- Edits to generative text
- Improvements to the tutorial
- Art optimization
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome alternative to the game Clue. Really scratches the Clue itch. Procedural elements are fantastic. Artwork is gives it very unique look which reminds me of Edward Gory quite a bit. Story and dialog are hilarious. The name Mr. Pickles is a riot. The game really taxes your mental limits, while still being entertaining and quite humorous. Looking forward to future updates. It would be a nice addition to be able to save your progress and pick off where you left off on another iOS device. Other than that this game is perfect and would be a crime not to get. Price is definitely worth the enjoyment I’ve gotten out of it.
quick & fun with endless cases
loving the little bite size mysteries, it’s great that i can solve one level in a few minutes instead of feeling glued to my phone for hours solving an entire escape room or similar mystery/ puzzle game. they’re challenging, but not so hard i can’t solve them. love that it’s not timed so i can go at my own pace, but there’s still the pressure of having a limited number of moves. each level resets with new characters and a spin on the same theme if you get it wrong, so you have to try to solve anew instead of remembering clues from your first attempt, which is a thoughtful touch.
the best part of this game is the endless replay value: by buying the game, you can play an unlimited number of cases! even when you run out of the preset options, you can mix and match aspects from the preset cases to create new mysteries, or play on super hard mode. super fun!
I’ve been looking for games similar to the old Clue (not the board game) and this is the same type of game! It’s well-written and I love the theme. The art style is also so different than what we’re used to! I love the quirky/eerie/weird art style it’s so unique. If you’re into murder mystery games I totally recommend! My only suggestion would be to make the game more interactive by adding more aspects to the crime or more actions within rooms!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Worthing and Moncrieff LLC
- 742 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016-2019 Worthing & Moncrieff
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.