A Normal Lost Phone is a game about exploring the intimacy of an unknown person whose phone was found by the player.
The game takes the shape of a narrative investigation: you have to search the phone’s text messages, pictures and applications, in order to learn about its former owner. Through this phone, you uncover Sam’s life, friends, family and relationships, until the evening when they turn 18 and mysteriously disappear.
• An immersive and intuitive way of introducing the narrative through a fake smartphone interface.
• A game that bridges the gap between reality and fiction by letting players act as themselves. The game asks a simple question: if you close the app but still think about the game, have you truly stopped playing?
• A relatable story that helps build empathy with the characters, allowing to explore difficult topics.
“It shares some of the feeling of Her Story, albeit featuring today’s technology and with less of a focus on the crime angle. But it has the same small moments of revelation, all of which come together to form a story in its own neat yet meandering way.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“A Normal Lost Phone is thoughtfully designed, leveraging voyeurism, curiosity, responsibility, and compassion to tell a strong, character-driven story unlocked through satisfying puzzle-solving.”
4/5 – Gamezebo
“This is a game that'll suck you in to its movements quickly, and hold you there until you reach the end of its tale.”
8/10 – Pocket Gamer
Ratings and Reviews
- MP Digital, LLC
- 93.6 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Accidental Queens. Published by Plug in Digital. Distributed on the Mac App Store by MacPlay.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.