AAC Communicator is a text to speech application which verbalizes what a user has typed or selected from a list of pre-programmed phrases. AAC Communicator supports over 20 languages such as English (including Australian, UK, Irish, US & South African accents), Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Hebrew, Polish, Russian, Chinese & other languages.
For most languages, the user is provided with a choice of different voices (male vs. female, etc.) In addition, the rate & pitch of each voice can be adjusted allowing the user to further personalize their voice.
AAC Communicator contains a growing list of basic pre-programmed phrases such “How are you?” which speed up communication. In addition, recent phrases are easily accessible should a user need to repeat something they have said. Additional phrases can also be saved to Favorites by the user for easy access.
In case a user would like to verbalize text from another application such as email, they can simply paste it into AAC Communicator and press Speak.
Note additional voices on your device may need to be enabled in Settings. If so, you can do so in Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Speech -> Voices.
Data connection is not necessary for AAC Bestie to function, so a user never gets stuck without their voice.
We hope you love AAC Communicator. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out – email@example.com.
You will be offered to purchase a subscription to AAC Bestie that will unlock premium functionality including additional pre-saved groups of phrases & ability to create your own. Description follows:
- AAC Bestie Subscription
- Monthly renewals
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
- pitch setting error has been fixed
Ratings and Reviews
This app provides wonderful
This app provides wonderful phrase recommendations - especially helpful when I am trying to say something in public
It was okay
The app is overall great but you have to pay for lots of things and then it is $15 a month. That is not something anyone would wan to pay each month. The voices are pretty good and they have categories with already typed sentences. The app is great unless you want to use your own voice or need to quickly say something.
Scrolling to find something sometimes takes time but other than that this app is great
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elephant Enterprises LLC
- 38.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Elephant Enterprises LLC
- In-App Purchases
- AAC Bestie Communication Help $14.99
- AAC Bestie 6 Month Plan $44.99
- AAC Bestie Annual Subscription $69.99