The top-rated assistive communication solution for non-verbal and speech delayed children. Go beyond the 'buttons that speak' approach found in traditional speech generating apps, with the only app that provides the advanced tools needed for both sentence building AND language learning, empowering emerging communicators of all ages and abilities.
aacorn replaces the outdated grid of folders layout used by last/current generation AAC apps (where far too often children can’t find the words they need), and introduces a break-through research-based design that is much easier to use and often leads to surprising outcomes!
Through the innovative ‘Word Tree’ interface a child makes a single word choice, and almost like magic, branching pathways with smart suggestions for the next word in a sentence present themselves! aacorn learns over time to predict what YOU want to say, reducing frustration and providing access to words a child might otherwise never discover.
aacorn models language visually - showing the connections and relationships between words, rather than jumping in and out of folders. Children are able to see and grasp the meaning of words and learn language concepts like context and grammar! The difference is amazing and can only be found in aacorn and aacorn Plus.
Here is just some of the feedback from leading independent speech experts:
• "aacorn signals a revolution in the way we provide AAC support to children.. The first to really capitalize on the strengths of the iPad" - Professor Sue Fletcher-Watson (University of Edinburgh).
• "BridgingApps highly recommends Aacorn AAC app and think this app has great potential for kids needing help with making sentences as well as communicating basic words" - Bridging Apps (Easter Seals)
• "LOVE the word tree! If I needed an AAC this is the kind of interface I would want!" - Dr Robin Parker (PraacticalAAC)
• "My son achieved more in 1 week with aacorn than he did in 2yrs with PECS and other AAC apps" - SaraB (USA)
aacorn can very often be more engaging for children, but importantly is also incredibly powerful, making communication more accessible to children including those who cannot yet type or spell or who find the older grid-based systems so frustrating.
Some of the features built into aacorn Plus:
• Unique Word Tree™ Interface - teaches language and grammar!!
• 7000+ SymbolStix word picture library (Hi-Contrast version unique to AACORN).
• Text to Speech Voices (10+ English Accents including US/UK/Canada/Australia/Mexico with more available to download for free)
• Recorded Real childrens voice options included (US,UK,Oz)
• Unique Word Prediction - learns what YOUR child wants to say!
• Built-In Interactive Lessons
• Powerful Word Creation Tools
• Unique Audio mixing tools. Adjust Pitch/Speed to suit.
• Powerful Word Search
• Favorites and History
• Take/Import/Copy and Paste Photos
• Large Child-friendly graphics, buttons sizes and layout
• Customizable Settings
• Multiple Users
• Online LIVE User Support, email support and user group
• Free Updates
aacorn is changing the conversation for tens of thousands of children, their families, schools and speech & language professionals, and is available exclusively for the iPad.
Visit us at www.aacornapp.com or facebook, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Note: We support Apple's Volume Purchase Program for educational organisations.
Quick fix for photos appearing upside down in iOS11
Fixed an issue preventing LiveChat Support from closing
Thank you for choosing aacorn!
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent program and excellent support. My son is doing so great with it!!. I recommend getting the Plus or buying the upgrade. It is so worth it!!
I never used aacorn before so this is about aacorn plus only. I LOVE it so far . I am a para educator working with mild to moderate k-5 . I can't wait for spring break to be over to get back to work. I will write a full review soon right now I am so happy. Please if your not sure look it up on YouTube Don't wait till after April 9 to get it. Although even with really no funds I would have found a way to buy it anyway. Thank you Uncle Sam this is my tax return purchase. Happy Happy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.