***** WONDERFULLY EDUCATIONAL READING PROGRAM FOR BEGINNING READERS (AGES 2-7).
***** Developed in cooperation with educational specialists by an award-winning educational studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling Abby Basic Skills and reading program Phonics: Fun on Farm, to best prepare your children for success in kindergarten and school curriculum.
* Entirety of 220 SIGHT WORDS from the popular Dolch list (with extra 94 NOUNS!)*
* Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade Categories *
*...in 6 engaging EDUCATIONAL GAMES! *
* "Action Sight Words is an extra-fun "Extra-terrestrial" way to help children learn challenging sight words."
* "As a mother of a 1st Grader and a Pre-Schooler, I was quite impressed with this app."
* "an awesome level of interactivity"
* "hits the mark on being both educational, and entertaining for kids"
* "A colorful and quirky mechanical, industrial theme that children will definitely like. A great tool for teaching and allowing your children learn all about sight words"
"Provides ample opportunities to learn all 220 Dolch words through a series of six games and activities. The interface is simple and easy to navigate and overall the look is appealing."
Jill Goodman, smartappsforkids.com
Abby Sight Words with Wordaliens is a new EDUCATIONAL READING APPLICATION by 22learn. The app is designed to help children learn and practice reading the most common sight words.
Sight words are words in English language that do not have a simple one-to-one correspondence between sounds and written letters, and therefore have to be learned “by sight. ”
Being able to quickly recognize sight words is a crucial part of learning how to read. Sight words mastery is a necessary step towards an enormous reading improvement.
Sight Words offers children an easy-to-use interface and a grand choice of six fun educational games through which children can acquire mastery over this subject matter.
The 6 GAMES included are:
1. WORD MACHINE
Control the Word Machine. Supply all the words that need to be produced by tapping on the words called.
Your dog is hungry! Make cans to feed him! To make a can, drag the letter cards to their correct place and make a word you have just heard pronounced.
Make a Bingo to get a ticket for Aliens back home! Tap on the word corresponding to the one that you heard pronounced. Once you have matched cards from one side of the board to the next... Bingo! Aliens are back home!
4. MEMORY GAME
Match the sounds to correct word forms! To do so, tap on one of the speakers, hear the word, and then select one of the cards below with a correct word. Do it for all words!
Tap on one of the speakers on the screen, hear the word pronounced, and place the word across the speaker. Repeat for all words to see wonderful gears animation.
6. FLASH CARDS
Practice in the Flash Card mode. List through the words and top on the cards to hear the words pronounced again and again!
Additional Features Include:
- Selection of individual words to be practiced within each category
- Avatar selection
- Choice of capitalized words and upper-case or lower-case letters
- Access to best scores
Get this app now and enjoy the progress your children are going to make in their reading skills.
22learn, your trusted educational apps developer
Sight Words Learning Games - THE BEST WAY TO PREPARE your kids for READING SUCCESS!
• Based on input from school teachers and our customers, we added the possibility of choosing either capitalized, uppercase, or lowercase letters. The lettercase can now be selected directly from the main menu.
• The games are clarified with spoken instructions now and both male and female voice overs are present.
• Further, we modified word categories, so that, for example, preschool category does not include words longer than 3 letters and you can choose which words you want your child to learn in the Settings.
• Also, we improved Flashcards (sound is not played automatically) and Word Machine game (feedback after a wrong answer).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really like this game. My seven year old reads better because of it.
My problem with the game is the color diversity of the sign on characters. My child is a fair skinned black / Latino person. How about more color diversity?where are the Latinos?
Also when you change the bottom costume it remains a white person. Not good for self image of people of color.
I paid for the full version. It would be nice to see the changes I requested.
My favorite app right now! My daughters too!
While it’s not a multi subject app, this app is so good for learning sounds, words, spelling, etc. My daughter (5) can navigate through the app on her own & most importantly has not grown bored with it like others on the market. It goes up to 3rd grade level which I didn’t know until we came across some more difficult words but you can choose the different grade levels.
*We did purchase all the categories.
Like but. . .
My son likes this game. It's a struggle to get him to work on his sight words; however, he will play these games. The one issue I have is my son cannot create the monster he wants. If he tries to change the feet, it changes the body. My son has sensory issues and because he can't create the wolf, he then doesn't want to play. This really needs to be fixed!
- CFC s.r.o.
- 58.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © CFC s.r.o.
- In-App Purchases
- All Games Unlocked $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.