The ABC7 app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
Your California Privacy Rights - https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/current-privacy-policy/your-california-privacy-rights/
Do Not Sell My Information - https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/dnsmi
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
App support updated for iOS 13 and above
Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Too many ads
I have been a loyal viewer of ABC7 Chicago News for over 30 years. This is an exceptional app. The new layout and design is phenomenal. However, I would give five stars if there was an option to bypass viewing advertisements. If not completely, then perhaps after the first five seconds. EVERY TIME you access a video associated with a news article, you have to view a 30-second ad. And it’s usually the SAME advertisement! If I view 10 videos, I am
forced to view the SAME advertisement 10 times—that’s five minutes! It’s a bit much. Please fix this.
I’m a 51 year old man who lives in Kenosha, WI, there is only one cable contractor that allows me to receive both Chicago and Milwaukee news stations. I’ve worked in the Chicago area for thirty years now and I’m soon to retire. I’ve been an avid channel seven guy since I was a teenager. I can remember when some of the ABC personalities came from other stations and I also see some of the old ABC personalities on other stations. ABC7CHICAGO is commuted to having the best, the brightest and the most beautiful people that it can find. There’s nothing like waking up to Tracy, Tanya, Roz and Terrell in the mornings. You also have my all time favorite in Judy Psu in the afternoon and I go to sleep with ABC7CHICAGO at ten. Thank you all for always delivering the news the way we can all receive it from people who seem to really care about Chicago and the surrounding areas.
Malware? One-option pop-ups.
Started getting pop-up message boxes (blue background) offering to install something or do something- the messages were very vague. I do not recall what they were, I am sorry to say. There was NO "Cancel" or "No" button option, only "Accept" or "Yes". It was not possible to get rid of them or go back either; I had to quit the app each time. After three of these appeared in one day, I uninstalled the app.
Was I looking at a trojan or something? Who knows, especially now that App store integrity has been breached, which is more reason to never, ever click on pop-ups offering no option but "yes" anyway.
As for ABC's news, as presented through this app, the writing was often terrible, full of half-sentences with words missing or in a weird order. Contradictory statements were common. All the proofreaders seem to be on a permanent break.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Disney Electronic Content, Inc.
- 55.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 ABC Inc, WLS-TV Chicago, IL. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.