ABC Ninja - The Alphabet Slicing Game for Kids 4+
Innovative Mobile Apps
Designed for iPad
"A great way to give parents a break and let your kid have fun and learn at the same time." - Jen, Kindergarten teacher and mom of three.
I have a confession to make. My son's favorite game was Fruit Ninja and I was getting increasingly frustrated with having my son waste a lot of time on a fun but mindless game while he was still struggling to master his letters.
So I decided to create our very own ABC letters slicing game and to my and my son's delight, he now has a new favorite game where he is having fun and learning at the same time.
My sons skills in letter recognition have dramatically improved since he started playing this game and now I no longer have to feel guilty when I need a five minute break to take care of the laundry or prepare lunch for the kids. I know that they are having fun and that they are learning at the same time.
Warning: Your child will keep begging for your iPhone or iPad after they try this app.
ABC Ninja is an exciting educational game that helps kids rapidly learn their letters by sight, sound, and touch.
The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app.
• Slice your way through all capital letters by name or phonic sounds
• Slice your way through all lower case letters by name or phonic sounds
• You decide what to focus on - turn individual categories ON or OFF from the settings page
• Learn by sight, sound, and touch
• Fun game play, sounds, and animations keep kids engaged
• Dynamic game play adjusts difficulty (the number of letters) automatically based on player skills to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
• Supports 3 difficulty settings: EASY, MEDIUM, or HARD
- Max 1 Letter
- Letters move very slowly
- Great for introducing letters
- Starts with 1 letter
- Max of 3 letters on screen
- Letters move 30% faster
- Starts with 2 letters
- Max of 5 letters on screen
- Letters move even faster
- Letters rotate faster too
Adjust difficulty from settings page.
• Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and slice the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by interrupting the gameplay and slowly repeating the desired question)
• Play letters from A to Z or in random order (adjustable from settings page)
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and touch
• Want to work on just a few letters? No problem… head to the settings page to turn entire categories or individual letters on and off
• Want to record your own audios? No problem. Just click on the category and record your own letter sounds
• Supports three levels of difficulty
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Ensure app works with and supports the latest version of iOS
- Ensure app works with and supports the latest iOS devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Sound effects too loud
Love the concept and will definitely help with letter names but the phonics is difficult to hear because the chiming sound effects. There is no way to adjust that sound without also adjusting the phonics sound.
Upgrade on our phone was required
I at first rated the app 1 star. I purchased for .99 cents and could not get any sound features to work. After sitting with it for about an hour and troubleshooting we discovered our phone needed an update. After update was finished, game worked perfectly. My son could not be happier. They play this game on their iPads at school. He isn’t the best and has told me he doesn’t understand, so I was excited to know we could practice more at at 🙂 Now we just need to figure out how to share it onto his iPad now that I have downloaded it into my phone. I do see there is family share capabilities up to 6 family members
Perfect- Love It! Makes Learning Fun
My son’s Kindergarten teacher sent home key/sight words printed online on plain pieces of paper for us to cut out with scissors and make into flashcards for home. Wow! How exciting- no color, paper falls apart, no images of the words. He hated doing them, and was not actively learning. He loves fruit ninja, so I tried ABC Ninja, and Fry Words Ninja, worried about the reviews I read here. Tried them both-love them! So took a chance on this version too. It is great. Like fruit ninja concept, but not a flashy arcade game trying to sell upgrades to my six year-old. No advertisements or kid-unfriendly pop-ups. Love how it tracks words you get or have trouble with, sets difficulty levels, sets reading customized lists. Really excited to see his progress with these sets of apps! Exactly what I was looking for - easy to use and focus on the words, no baby images that he has outgrown, really just great!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Innovative Mobile Apps Ltd
- 19 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Alligator Apps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.