The ABC13 app provides the latest local, weather and national top stories and breaking news customized for you! Get more live and on-demand video than ever before, including live newscasts, and choose customized alerts based on your interests.
Customized “My News” that matters to you
- Stay informed on stories you love by choosing customized topics.
- “My News” builds a unique feed just for you based on interests and locations you choose.
- Stay updated on the latest through live video, real-time updates and easy navigation.
Get alerts you want
- Choose customized alerts for topics and locations you care about, from entertainment news to sports updates and everything in between.
- Easily select locations in “Settings” to get the latest breaking news, weather and traffic from your area in real-time.
Watch live video
- Find exclusive video clips and live video streams at the top of the app, including live news broadcasts.
- Switching between live streams is as easy as flipping between channels.
- Watch live video while you read stories and browse the app
Stay updated 24/7 on weather and traffic
- Easily choose your locations to get hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts.
- Get real-time Doppler maps along with detailed weather information from Accuweather.
- Get weather and traffic alerts for severe conditions so you’re always up-to-date before you go.
Your California Privacy Rights - https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/current-privacy-policy/your-california-privacy-rights/
Do Not Sell My Information - https://privacy.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en/dnsmi
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device's advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Why is it that ABC makes such a BIG deal over the immigrants trying to get to our borders ? Making it so sad . No one made them bring their families through such horrible conditions. Why don’t you care about our American citizens that live in poverty . Even our veterans that went to war for you . There are children that don’t have enough food to eat . You need to clean up your news. I can’t even watch it anymore and it was once my favorite . You need to show some respect for our President . We the people voted him into office . You won’t let me post . Are you afraid ?why hasn’t this been posted ???? What are you afraid of ? I can’t stand your Fake News. I want to see you post this.... your news is all a bunch of nonsense ........
Format is not user friendly
We only have a TV in our living room, however, I like to watch the news while I get ready in the morning, so I use the ABC13 app on my phone or on my tablet. There are several format issues, but the main one is that the “watch live” banner is so small that even with my petite fingers I often hit the story below instead. Also, there isn’t enough space between the watch live feature and the story below when you want to make it full screen. The little full screen box is in the lower right corner and when I click it, it’s the same issue. Very frustrating. In general though, the over all “look” of the app is a little “low end” and “jumbled”. It’s not very sleek or easy on the eyes. It’s not easy to find the story you just got an alert for, which is very frustrating. I also wish they would switch up their story queue when you watch a story and then it goes into another one. They use the same story queue, so it’s the same ones over and over again when there is an entire feed of fresh stories to watch. Much to improve upon in this app.
Good app that can be better
This app provides me all the news I need for the Houston area. One of the main problems I have is that I get an alert that there is going to be a news conference. So then I click on the alert and it takes me to the article. I press play to see the LIVE event.. BUT they play an ad FIRST before they allow viewing the live event. There have been several times that by the time the ad finishes, I have missed the live event. They should REALLY consider disabling ads for the live events. Play them all you want on the replay of these events. Play them all you want on stories. But by putting the ad in front of the live event you are causing people to potentially miss out on important information which they may be seeking. In fact after removing such ads they should verify against their competitors and could “guarantee no ads for live events”.. could be a very big selling point vs your competitors.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Disney Electronic Content, Inc.
- 59.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 ABC Inc., KTRK-TV Houston, TX. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.