Ratings and Reviews
Must be in Asia or use a vpn to use this app. It's prob in us store for us iPhones while the user is in Japan (or vpn users)
It is various shows and clips, I'm not sure if they are streaming directly from a tv station or picking and choosing specific past programs
In the App Store for a region where it cannot be used...
You can watch News, (one of the channels,) shogi, and mahjong. And fishing, if that’s on. They’ve blocked every VPN that they know about, so I’m really at a loss as to why this is available in the US AppStore. It’s also 100% in Japanese, so I don’t think Americans are even on the radar screen, but even a Japanese expat couldn’t use this app due to the rigid region locking for the video itself.
Now, if Abema were to let me pay them through the app, in English, to stream my sumo? I would be yelling at them to shut up and take my money.
You can’t watch anything from the US.
We found this app during our stay in Japan. So looking forward to watching Japanese tv back home, but turned out almost nothing is available for US market.
- ABEMATV, INC.
- 163.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 AbemaTV, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Abemaプレミアム $7.99
- 62500コイン(167ボーナスコイン含) $599.99
- 35700コイン(33ボーナスコイン含) $349.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.