The Grip app gives you a complete overview of your income and expenditure, so you can see exactly what you are spending your money on. This will show you where you might be able to cut down on your spending, which we also want to help you with. We give useful savings-related and other tips and show you how to handle your money differently. This will leave you with more money for the things that matter most to you.
The benefits of the Grip app:
• Grip automatically assigns all your transactions to categories, so you can see exactly what you are spending every month on things like shopping or socialising.
• One app for all your bank accounts. You can now add all your ABN AMRO, Rabobank, SNS Bank, bunq and ICS credit card accounts. More banks will follow.
• If there are certain things you want to spend less money on, like clothes for instance, you can set a budget. Grip will then show you how much you can still spend.
• If you’ve almost gone over your budget, Grip can alert you, if you want. Simply enable push notifications in the app (once only) and Grip will keep you up to date.
• If you want to find out how much you spent on a holiday, you can tag all your transactions for that holiday, from plane tickets to sunscreen.
Who Grip is for?
You can use the Grip app if you are aged 18 or older and have an ABN AMRO, Rabobank, SNS Bank or bunq Premium checking account.
Getting started with the Grip app:
Creating a Grip account couldn’t be easier.
1. Enter your mobile number. You will be sent a text message with an activation code.
2. Enter the activation code to activate Grip on your mobile.
3. Choose a 6-digit log-in code and confirm it.
4. Link your bank account from ABN AMRO, the Rabobank, SNS Bank or bunq Premium to Grip.
You can now log in to Grip using this 6-digit log-in code. You can also choose to log in using your fingerprint — quick, easy and secure.
Want more information?
Read more about Grip at abnamro.nl/gripapp. Alternatively, go to abnamro.nl/griptips and find out what Grip can do for you.
Functional improvements and bugfixes.
We are constantly improving Grip. If you have any suggestions, please let us know!
Ratings and Reviews
Best app I've ever written
This is such a great app! It gives me a great oversight to what I'm spending and helps manage my finances better!
I would change the navigation on the expenses tab a little bit and have the option to add my own categories but apart from that it's awesome!!
Nice App Needs Work
Great looking app but it is sometimes difficult to understand what exactly it is trying to help with. Providing a list of what was spent isnt different than the regular app. Some nice updates could be: ability to set a specific budget around groceries, petrol, etc. Ability to add other accounts from family members to see the entire picture of finances. Predictive planning when saving for a house or a vacation.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your mail and good suggestion.
We appreciate it that you took the time for helping us making Grip even better and we also take the suggestions into consideration.
In every update of the app we try to implement as many user suggestions as possible. So keep an eye on the Grip updates.
Subsequently, it is unfortunately only possible to add accounts to your Grip if you are actually the account holder. It is therefore not possible to add other accounts from other holders.
Greeting, The Grip team
Great app but information locked inside
Great and smart app. Very intuitive and nice features.
However I really would like to export my data without having to do a whole gdpr request. If this is included then it would be 5 stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.