The OFFICIAL ABRSM Aural Trainer 6-8 Lite contains interactive challenges to help develop your music aural skills (listening skills). Anyone can use it, but it is designed around ABRSM’s aural tests for Grades 6 to 8. The exercises can be used in any order, however often you like, on your own or with your teacher.
This Lite app contains a limited amount of audio content for Grades 6 and 7. You may upgrade to all content for Grades 6 to 8 in-app. There is also a fully interactive cadence trainer tool and guide to the aural tests in ABRSM graded music exams.
Use ABRSM Aural Trainer to:
• Exercise your musical memory (remember how music sounds and be able to repeat it).
• Develop your confidence and accuracy at sight-singing (reading and singing the music you see).
• Improve your recognition of cadences, chords and modulations.
• Learn to describe texture, structure, dynamics, articulation, tempo and tonality.
• Practise identifying the features in music that make-up its style and character.
• Develop the skills to know when a piece of music was written.
The app covers the following ABRSM aural test content:
• Melodic Repetition
• Musical Features
• Rhythmic Repetition
All exercises are fully interactive. Each one gives you the opportunity to repeat the question, or to compare your response to the correct answer and hear the music again . The app also features supporting tools including a cadence trainer, progress tracker and guides to the aural tests in ABRSM graded music exams.
Many exercises are automatically marked by the application. Self-review and critical listening are also key to successful development of the musical ear, which is why the app provides tools for you to review and evaluate your performance against sample responses. Your progress is logged whenever you use the app, so you can always see at a glance the areas you might want to revisit.
- Fixed issue that prevented some users from accessing the in-app upgrade
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful, but needs a bit of an update
I loved this app until the end. The D part is great, the C part, too. But for 6-8 grade aural students there really is no good feedback for A or B. Having what they did for grades 1-5 is so cool, you're able to hear what you sang and know how far you are from the correct pitch.
- The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- 379.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.