The OFFICIAL ABRSM Aural Trainer contains interactive challenges to help develop your music aural skills (listening skills). Anyone can use it, but it is designed around ABRSM’s aural tests for Grades 1 to 5. The app can be used in any order, however often you like, on your own or with your teacher.
Use ABRSM Aural Trainer to:
• Improve your sense of pulse and metre (feeling the beat).
• Exercise your musical memory (remember how music sounds and be able to repeat it or spot differences and mistakes).
• Develop your confidence and accuracy at sight-singing (reading and singing the music you see).
• Learn to describe dynamics, articulation, tempo and tonality.
• Practise identifying the features in music that make-up its style and character.
• Develop the skills to know when a piece of music was written.
The app covers the following ABRSM aural test content:
• Pulse and Metre
• Melodic Repetition
• Musical Features
• Rhythmic Repetition
Tackle each element in stages using the preparation exercises.
All exercises are fully interactive. Each one gives you the opportunity to repeat the question, or to compare your response to the correct answer and hear the music again. The app also features supporting tools including an interval trainer, progress tracker and guides to the aural tests in ABRSM graded music exams.
Many exercises are automatically marked by the application. Self-review and critical listening are also key to successful development of the musical ear, which is why the app provides tools for you to review and evaluate your performance against sample responses in all cases. Your progress is logged whenever you use the app, so you can always see at a glance the areas you might want to revisit.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Aural Training Ap
I downloaded the ap yesterday and used it throughout the day of teaching Grade 1-5 students. Each student responded positively. Several parents said they would immediately order this ap for their children to use at home.
I’ve paid for this app and it doesn’t even work!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment. Please ensure that the volume is turned up on your device and that the mute switch is in the 'off' position. If you are still encountering a problem, please email us at email@example.com with a detailed description so we can advise you.
Great start but...
The echo phrases and exercises need to have a count in in order to do them correctly. The echo needs to be immediately after the playing, which is nearly impossible to do. Fix that and this will be great.
- The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
- 332.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (Publishing) Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.