The Academic Word List, which developed by Averil Coxhead (Victoria University of Wellington) contains academic words that you are likely to meet if you study at an English-speaking university.
This Academic Word List also appears in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.
This app provides the digital tools and study material to help you remember and use the academic words in context.
●● Unique features
- It is more efficient to learn a word in its context. In addition to a sample sentence, the app provides a tool to look for sample usage from news. You will easily remember its meaning and know how to use it in sentence.
- Each word comes with its synonym, antonym and origin so that you can easily remember its meaning and expand your vocabulary
- Audio feature, learn by listening
- Origin information: each word has origin information. It is easy to remember a word's meaning if you know where it came from
●● Awesome features
- Use a word in sentences: each word comes with a number of example sentences. Over 30000 sentences are added. This will help you to have better understanding of how a word is used in context.
● Multiple choice QUIZ
- 26 multiple choice quizzes
- Quizzes and answers shuffle every time
- You got score only if you give correct answer at the first time
- There are 27 decks for you to select
- Flip a flashcard to see its meaning
- Audio feature to help you remember a word and its meaning
● MATCH GAME
- Learn and play - match a word with its meaning
● Words of The day
- Learn 5 words daily with Words of The day feature
● Random words
- Learn 5 random words with Random words feature
● Voice feature
- Learn by repeatedly listening
● Other features:
- Over 1350 academic words with their meaning and origin
- Bookmark your words
- Translation into your language
● If you want to suggest a new feature or report a bug, please send feedback to us. We love getting feedback from users.
Thank you for using our app!
In this version, we introduced 'use in sentence' features. Each word comes with a number of sample sentences. Over 30000 sentences are added in this update.
We hope this feature will help you to understand how to use a word in context.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.