Accordance® is a fast and powerful Bible study app that lets you read, search, and explore the Bible.
• Read the Bible and follow along with a commentary or your own study notes
• Compare two Bible translations side by side that will scroll in sync with one another
• Follow a Bible reading plan
• Take notes, create highlights, and add bookmarks that will sync with the desktop version of Accordance
• Search the Bible for words or verses
• Search the Bible using powerful tags and commands
• Search Greek and Hebrew Bibles (samples included) by lemma, inflected form, or root
• Press and hold when reading to bring up the magnifying glass, then select a word to view Instant Details (definition and/or parsing if available)
• Look up unfamiliar words in Bible dictionaries and lexicons
• Tap on hyperlinked verse references to view the full passage in the Instant Details popover
The following resources are included in your initial download of Accordance:
• ESV Bible with Strong’s numbers (ESVi)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• Samples of the Greek New Testament and Hebrew Bible
• Easton’s Bible Dictionary
• Outlines of each book of the Bible
• Margin notes and cross-references
• Bible Lands PhotoGuide Sampler
• Kohlenberger/Mounce Concise Hebrew–Aramaic Dictionary
• Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary
If you register an Accordance account, you will also be able to download a iOS Starter collection including:
• The 1901 American Standard Version (ASV)
• French: Louis Segond Bible
• German Elberfelder 1905
• German Lutherbibel 1912
• Greek and Hebrew Strong's Dictionaries
• Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
• Nave's Topical Bible
• Portuguese Bible: João Ferreira De Almeida Atualizada (ALMEIDA)
• Spanish 1909 Reina Valera with Strong's numbers
• Dr. J's Bible Study Methods
• Maps Sampler
• Timeline Sampler
• Chronological Readings
• Devotional Readings
• Classic Passages
• Parables & Miracles
If you would like to add more resources to your library, Accordance has an extensive collection of Bibles and study tools available for purchase. These materials range from Christian classics to Jewish publications to high-end reference works to the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew. Whatever your Bible study needs may be, Accordance has you covered.
Questions or comments? Come join the discussion in our support forums at https://accordance.bible/forums/
• New Search Modes in Text Modules. Based on the loaded module, users can now choose Hebrew Literal, Flex, and Pericope Title searches.
• Added “Override Key Number Dictionaries” Amplify setting to Settings > Amplify. First row is a switch to override Key Number dictionaries that allows the user to specify the Tool for Greek and Hebrew Key Number amplification.
• Added Text Display options to Show/Hide Book Titles and Section Headings.
• Accordance will support all of the latest modules.
• Added option to Settings > Instant Details to also show Instant Details with a single tap on a word in a Text module.
• When this option is turned ON:
• The tap and hold Instant Details gesture is still supported.
• Tapping on a word will present Instant Details if available and update the blue cross highlighting selection rectangles.
• Tapping on a word without Instant Details available will update the grey selection rectangle (like footnotes, verse references, etc)
• Tap on a header bar, text whitespace, or Re-Tap on the selected word to toggle the interface.
• Will not change Instant Details behavior in Tools, User Modules, etc.
• Support [Style *] search in Tools.
• Localized certain Alerts that could be presented in various Audio, Photo Library, and Dropbox interactions.
• Minimum System version is now iOS11 and only ARM64 architectures are supported.
• HCSB Bullet footnote lookup was not choosing the correct word.
• Invalid display of Papers/Paper Folders in Library/Module picker views.
• When certain modules would install correctly but would still appear in Easy Install as uninstalled.
• Possible crash when the Library attempts to handle a background update of iCloud bookmarks.
• Possible crash after tapping certain internal Tool links.
• Crash after a user authorizes Photo Library access and Accordance tries to present the photo picker.
• Crash when installing Syntax modules.
• Crash when trying to add a bookmark to certain views (e.g. Devotional view).
Ratings and Reviews
Great resources for a fair price
I was considering Accordance vs Logos.
Decided to go with Accordance because it was less expensive.
So far a very nice digital library to have. Works wonderful on the iPhone. On Windows the program crashed several times using "research" function.
Sync via Dropbox works perfectly.
Only thing I am missing is a note taking function. You can make notes to individual verses or one could write a whole paper using another function. However, on the phone or on a tablet, that function doesn't work. Why am I saying that?
I like taking notes during a sermon or while studying the Word. Since, the digital realm opens opportunities the paper world couldn't give, and Accordance became my new Bible to go to, I would love to "store" my thoughts and other valuable information as notes. In the paper Bible the space to put in notes is very limited, which it wouldn't be digitally.
Other than that, Accordance is very smooth to read/study the Bible. You can highlight, underline, put symbols in the text. Holding pressed on a word you don't know, it will amplify it and show you some information about it. Although the "note taking" function as I would like to have it is missing, the "notes" function for the individual verses is a worthwhile tool.
Thanks for developing this software!
This app is great in many ways. I especially love how it gives one access to almost all the texts and tools that are available on the Mac app. Unfortunately it falls down in some important areas and, in some cases, gets in the way of you accomplishing what you want to accomplish. One example is highlighting. Want to highlight a line in a commentary? I wish you success. Most times it works okay but it’s still not as nearly as or intuitive or as easy as it is in iBooks. But at other times it is downright impossible. Using either your finger or the Apple Pencil you go to highlight a sentence and suddenly the next two or three paragraphs are highlighted, sometimes even discontinuously! What seems to be happening is that the bottom of your hand or wrist is being picked up as your finger, even though it’s nowhere near the screen. (I’ve tried to avoid this by trying to holding the Apple Pencil straight up and down but that doesn’t prevent it.) So I can just forget about highlighting the correct sentence, or spend the next 5 or 10 minutes trying to get just the sentence highlighted by trying over and over again, each time erasing the paragraph highlighting I don’t want, but it keeps happening over and over again. It’s an exercise in frustration. Unfortunately highlighting is one of the main things I want to do with the Accordance app for iOS. If the Accordance people could fix this I would rate their app 4 stars.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear of the frustration you have experienced with highlighting. Please make sure you have updated the app to v.2.6. for the best results. However
we have experienced what you are talking about would encourage you to post a feature request on the forum: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/forum/47-accordance-for-ios/ Y
This will allow others to add their comments to yours, and this is also where a developer will directly reply to your concern.
Not a Fan of App
First -- I'm not particularly happy that I'm basically forced into writing a review. The "Give Us a 5-Star Review" notification pops up every time I open the app. The only options are to either write a review or press the "maybe later" button. Turns out, the "maybe later" is every time I open the app. Not cool.
Second -- I would give this app 5 stars if it weren't for the fact that it locks up on the loading screen far too frequently (actually, even once would be too many times). I'm forced to delete the app, re-download it, and then pick through the many books, commentaries, etc. to download as well. I have found that the fewer items I select, the better chance I have of not needing to repeat the whole process. This is very frustrating, since I have purchased many, many resources over the years. Even when I download only a few items, the app may work well for a couple of weeks but then lock up again (without adding other items). Again, this is extremely frustrating -- especially in light of how much money I've paid over the years.
Developer Response ,
Theophilus7777, thank you for taking the time to write a review. First, I would like to encourage you to update to 2.6.2. The 'forced review' was actually a bug that was missed in testing, that we fixed as soon as possible. Second, we've fixed a few bugs related to lockup in the loading screen, so these may be fixed with the update. If they aren't, but you experience a lockup, go to your Device Settings app -> Accordance -> Remove Saved Session, to clear it up. This saves you from having to reinstall the app! I hope these suggestions work well for you, and that you reconsider your rating if they do! Thank you for using Accordance.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OakTree Software, Inc.
- 252.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 OakTree Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- NKJV tagged with Strong's numbers $19.99
- New Living Translation-Second Edition $14.99
- NRSV with Strong's numbers $19.99
- New International Version 2011 with G/K numbers $39.99
- The Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament and Dictionary $29.99
- Tanakh (The Jewish Bible) with Strong's numbers $19.99
- The Message $14.99
- Amplified Bible $14.99
- Greek New Testament (tagged, based on NA28) $59.99
- Complete Word Study Dictionary OT & NT Combo $79.99