Accordance® is a fast and powerful Bible study app that lets you read, search, and explore the Bible.
• Read the Bible and follow along with a commentary or your own study notes
• Compare two Bible translations side by side that will scroll in sync with one another
• Follow a Bible reading plan
• Take notes, create highlights, and add bookmarks that will sync with the desktop version of Accordance
• Search the Bible for words or verses
• Search the Bible using powerful tags and commands
• Search Greek and Hebrew Bibles (samples included) by lemma, inflected form, or root
• Press and hold when reading to bring up the magnifying glass, then select a word to view Instant Details (definition and/or parsing if available)
• Look up unfamiliar words in Bible dictionaries and lexicons
• Tap on hyperlinked verse references to view the full passage in the Instant Details popover
The following resources are included in your initial download of Accordance:
• ESV Bible with Strong’s numbers (ESVi)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• Samples of the Greek New Testament and Hebrew Bible
• Easton’s Bible Dictionary
• Outlines of each book of the Bible
• Margin notes and cross-references
• Bible Lands PhotoGuide Sampler
• Kohlenberger/Mounce Concise Hebrew–Aramaic Dictionary
• Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary
If you register an Accordance account, you will also be able to download a iOS Starter collection including:
• The 1901 American Standard Version (ASV)
• French: Louis Segond Bible
• German Elberfelder 1905
• German Lutherbibel 1912
• Greek and Hebrew Strong's Dictionaries
• Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
• Nave's Topical Bible
• Portuguese Bible: João Ferreira De Almeida Atualizada (ALMEIDA)
• Spanish 1909 Reina Valera with Strong's numbers
• Dr. J's Bible Study Methods
• Maps Sampler
• Timeline Sampler
• Chronological Readings
• Devotional Readings
• Classic Passages
• Parables & Miracles
If you would like to add more resources to your library, Accordance has an extensive collection of Bibles and study tools available for purchase. These materials range from Christian classics to Jewish publications to high-end reference works to the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew. Whatever your Bible study needs may be, Accordance has you covered.
Questions or comments? Come join the discussion in our support forums at https://accordance.bible/forums/
* Refactored Accordance Account processes:
* - logout / keychain management
* - authorization / creation.
* Images in a Tool will now be scaled down when the pane narrows instead of having the edge cut off.
* For the 'Single Tap for Details' option, improved determination of "white space". Previously, it was difficult to find a tap point to toggle the menu bars for various RTL Texts, Interlinear, verse layout cases, etc.
Miscellaneous Display Fixes
* Text section headings could be inserted before the wrong paragraph (e.g. Neh 1:1 LSB).
* Display of verses with poetic style.
Tool Image Layout Fixes
* An extra line break was inserted before an image if the pane was narrow.
* A centered image would be left justified if image display was set to very large.
* An image in a table would not respect center justification in some cases.
* Secondary pane Text would not properly recall Interlinear settings.
* Highlight style rendering issue when showing Interlinear.
* Allow Arabic and perhaps other texts with Strong’s number to be added to the Interlinear text.
* Verify that non-biblical corpuses such as Athenasius no longer appear in the Interlinear pull-down menu items.
* An issue that prevented newly installed Texts from being available for certain Settings choices (e.g. Settings > Instant Details > Source Texts)
* Custom URLs would not work properly with certain module names.
* If Accordance could not find a module when tapping a Custom URL then certain module characters were garbled in the error alert.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, but too much scrolling
I gave the app three stars because it’s pretty solid overall. However, the text search feature is really tedious and frustrating given that there’s just SO MUCH SCROLLING with each search of a text. This really takes up a lot of time when trying to find several texts at once; for example, while listening to a sermon in church and being given two or three bible texts to reference. If, let’s say, I look up Rev 22:20...I tap the menu button, but then have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list of bible books because they don’t all show up on the screen at once. Then I have to scroll all the way down to the chapter 22, then the same thing for the verse. It would really help if when we tapped the menu button, all the books were shown on the same pop up menu with no scrolling needed. Same thing for chapters and verses.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. You may find the Verse Chooser/Grid to be more to your liking and faster to use than the List. This can be selected in Accordance Settings/Text Display/Verse Chooser.
Not a Fan of App
First -- I'm not particularly happy that I'm basically forced into writing a review. The "Give Us a 5-Star Review" notification pops up every time I open the app. The only options are to either write a review or press the "maybe later" button. Turns out, the "maybe later" is every time I open the app. Not cool.
Second -- I would give this app 5 stars if it weren't for the fact that it locks up on the loading screen far too frequently (actually, even once would be too many times). I'm forced to delete the app, re-download it, and then pick through the many books, commentaries, etc. to download as well. I have found that the fewer items I select, the better chance I have of not needing to repeat the whole process. This is very frustrating, since I have purchased many, many resources over the years. Even when I download only a few items, the app may work well for a couple of weeks but then lock up again (without adding other items). Again, this is extremely frustrating -- especially in light of how much money I've paid over the years.
Developer Response ,
Theophilus7777, thank you for taking the time to write a review. First, I would like to encourage you to update to 2.6.2. The 'forced review' was actually a bug that was missed in testing, that we fixed as soon as possible. Second, we've fixed a few bugs related to lockup in the loading screen, so these may be fixed with the update. If they aren't, but you experience a lockup, go to your Device Settings app -> Accordance -> Remove Saved Session, to clear it up. This saves you from having to reinstall the app! I hope these suggestions work well for you, and that you reconsider your rating if they do! Thank you for using Accordance.
Great for engaging the Text.
I have both Logos and Accordance. Logos has enormously more resources but I find them hard to use. About 90% of the time I want to just immerse myself in the (greek and Hebrew) Text. Accordance works really well for that — all I really want is to be able to highlight and look up a word that I don’t know and press on. Accordance is a lean well oiled machine for that use case, and also works well for looking up said word in multiple lexicons, and for doing nuanced word searches. But if you want to know what 89 different commentaries have to say, then you want Logos. There are times when I want to survey 89 different commentaries so I fire up Logos for that. But I always find Logos slow, confusing and awkward —- but the resources available are vast! Having both is the best of both worlds, but your mileage may vary.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OakTree Software, Inc.
- 253.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 OakTree Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- NKJV tagged with Strong's numbers $19.99
- NRSV with Strong's numbers $19.99
- New Living Translation-Second Edition $14.99
- The Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament and Dictionary $29.99
- New International Version 2011 with G/K numbers $39.99
- Greek New Testament (tagged, based on NA28) $59.99
- Biblia Hebraica with Westminster Hebrew Morph 4 $69.99
- Tanakh (The Jewish Bible) with Strong's numbers $19.99
- The Message $14.99
- Amplified Bible $14.99