Providing enhanced location data when emergency calls are made from mobile phones. For customers with devices running iOS 11 or later.
When an emergencies event occurs getting a fast response is crucial. One of the key elements to a quick response is having an accurate location for where the emergency is taking place.
If the call to 9-1-1 comes from a mobile phone, callers can be routed to the 9-1-1 call center assigned to the cell tower that picked up the call, not necessarily the 9-1-1 call center within the vicinity of the emergencies event. Hence the location displayed is often going to be for a cell tower, not the actual location of the emergency.
A street address isn’t always enough either, especially in multi-level buildings - you want first responders to know which room in the building the emergency is happening.
The solution … ACCU911.
ACCU911 is an advanced emergency application that addresses this everyday scenario for 911 call center operators… accurately locating 911 callers from a mobile phone.
The moment a user with an ACCU911 enabled phone requests help by dialing 911 the patented solution uses the telemetry available on the caller’s device (GPS, WiFi, barometric pressure, NFC, Bluetooth, beacon technology, and more) to determine the most accurate location of the emergency event.
Additionally, any supplemental information the user uploaded to the ACCU911 application (such as a picture of the caller, allergies, medicines, other health data, emergency contact info, etc.) can be also be provided to the first responders.
Any indoor environment is also catered for. The ACCU911 application also integrates with the ACCU911 Emergency Beacons. These emergency beacons are installed in single or multi-level buildings and complexes. Once activated the beacons can submit additional room-level specific enhanced location information to the local 911 center.
• Easily integrates into users’ phones - it’s not an app they have to remember to use - they just dial 9-1-1 like normal.
• Works in even the most challenging environments.
• Works on most device types.
• Users control their data made available to public safety.
• Call routing to the local 9-1-1 center.
• Works in single building or multi-building situations.
• Ability to send critical enhanced location data to the local 9-1-1 center.
• Optional beacon deployment offers floor and room level accuracy.
ACCU911 is dedicated to solving the problems associated with accurately locating callers from a mobile device in an emergency situation.
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ACCU911 LLC
- 9.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © ACCU911
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.