• NEW: Dark mode support under macOS Mojave!
• EXR output
• Completely linear floating point image processing
• Raw image conversion optimized to maximize resolution
• Demosaicing algorithm and image adjustments specifically tailored for monochrome
• Touch Bar support
• macOS Mojave and Retina 5K display compatible
AccuRaw Monochrome is a raw image editor and developer specifically for creating monochrome images. Raw file formats from most camera manufacturers are supported, for example Nikon NEF files, Canon CR2 files, Leica DNG files, etc. AccuRaw also provides state-of-the-art processing for Fuji X-Trans based cameras. A full list of supported cameras is on the product web site.
• Optimized for creating monochrome images; AccuRaw Monochrome's custom demosaicing algorithm delivers better tonality and better artifact control that conventional color algorithms.
• Optimized to maximize image resolution.
• In addition to conventional cameras, AccuRaw Monochrome also provides for modified cameras, e.g., cameras modified for IR or UV operation, or by the removal of the sensor's Bayer array.
• Non-clipping workflow - Accuraw EXR has a highly linear floating point processing engine that treats EXR as a first-class citizen. You can easily recover even heavily blown highlights in downstream processing apps.
• Fits with your workflow. AccuRaw doesn't try to take over your workflow. It just fits in. There are no catalogs to worry about; your files stay right where they are, and AccuRaw never touches them. AccuRaw just automatically remembers your edits. A powerful system of presets and batch processing make work efficient, and you can output to any of JPEG, TIFF or DNG for maximum compatibility with your choice of post processing and digital asset management tools.
• Integration with apps such as Lightroom, Photoshop and Aperture
• macOS High Sierra and Retina display compatible
** Note: (a) AccuRaw monochrome only converts to monochrome, and (b) AccuRaw Monochrome doesn't do noise reduction or lens corrections - the image you get is the image your camera saw.
Raw conversion requires very substantial amounts of processing power and memory. While AccuRaw Monochrome will run on laptops, performance is optimized for desktop systems. We strongly recommend the following minimum system specifications:
• OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later
• 4 GB system memory minimum, 8GB recommended
• 128 MB graphics memory minimum, 512 MB graphics memory recommended
New camera support: Leica Q2
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a great app when it works. It’s not very stable and crashes everytime I use it despite keeping everything up to date and sending crash reports to Apple over the past two years.
Developer Response ,
Hi. We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the app. We'd like to invite you to contact our support desk via the app help function. We'd be glad to try to help.
best monochrome raw converter on any platform
This app bests all other raw converters in the quality of its results. This includes latest versions of Capture One, DXO, Lightroom, Iridient Developer, Silkypix and others. Very very highly recommended for large prints where this quality difference really counts.
Best monochrome conversions I have seen yet.
If you have a demanding eye for detail and like micro-contrast in your work, this program is well worth the money. Integrated very well with Lightroom. Easy to use. Highly recommended.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.