• NEW: Native Apple Silicon support for blistering speed on new-generation Apple Macs
• Dark mode support!
• Raw image conversion optimized to maximize resolution
• Completely linear floating point image processing
• True EXR support - Non-clipping workflow to EXR - full highlight recovery is available in post!
• Touch Bar support
• macOS Monterey and Retina 5K display compatible
AccuRaw EXR is a raw image editor and developer that offers ultra high resolution, linear processing and a non-clipping workflow, ideal for integration with video in complex post processing environments.
Raw file formats from most camera manufacturers are supported, for example Nikon NEF files, Canon CR2 files, Leica DNG files, etc. AccuRaw also provides state-of-the-art processing for Fuji X-Trans based cameras. A full list of supported cameras is on the product web site.
AccuRaw EXR Features
• Non-clipping workflow - Accuraw EXR has a highly linear floating point processing engine that treats EXR as a first-class citizen. You can easily recover even heavily blown highlights in downstream processing apps.
• EXR is a first-class citizen - AccuRaw offers the choice of 16-bit or 32-bit and either RBG or RGBA output.
• Optimized to maximize image resolution.
• Precise control over demosiacing. Most raw developers give you one choice about how your image is developed - soft images with no risk of artifacts. AccuRaw allows you control over the internal operation of the demosaicing engine. Maximum resolution or maximum suppression of artifacts such as moire, or anywhere in-between. The choice is yours.
• Accurate, calibrated color workflow. Color not the way the remember seeing it? Tired of "content aware processing" and "hue twists" taking decisions away from you? Want your starting point to be what the camera saw, not "enhanced colors"? AccuRaw has a 100% accurate color workflow end to end, and lets you explicitly select whether or not to use tone curves, highlight preservation, etc, etc. And of course, AccuRaw supports industry standard DCP (DNG camera profile) camera calibration files as produced by software from many vendors.
• Fits with your workflow. AccuRaw doesn't try to take over your workflow. It just fits in. There are no catalogs to worry about; your files stay right where they are, and AccuRaw never touches them. AccuRaw just automatically remembers your edits. A powerful system of presets and batch processing make work efficient, and you can output to any of JPEG, TIFF, EXR or DNG for maximum compatibility with your choice of post processing and digital asset management tools.
• Integration with apps such as Lightroom, Photoshop and Aperture
** Note: AccuRaw doesn't do noise reduction or lens corrections - the image you get is the image your camera saw.
Raw conversion requires very substantial amounts of processing power and memory. While AccuRaw will run on laptops, performance is optimized for desktop systems. We strongly recommend the following minimum system specifications:
• OS X 10.9 (Lion) or later
• 4 GB system memory minimum, 16GB recommended
• 128 MB graphics memory minimum, 512 MB graphics memory recommended
• Updated for macOS 12 Monterey
• Native Apple Silicon support for blistering speed on new-generation Apple Macs
Ratings and Reviews
I have been able to get more detail out of my raw files with this program that several others, including lightroom and DXO Photolab. Great program thats simple to use. In my orginal review I had complained about the hightlight and shadow recovery, that has now been fixed. Truly a very effective RAW converter!
Developer Response ,
Thanks; we're glad that AccuRaw EXR is working well for you. We'll be looking at improving highlight and shadow recovery in a future version.
AccuRaw rescues Fuji raw files
I shoot many images with a Fuji X-Pro1 and love the camera, but not what happens to its proprietary raw files when processed using LR or C1 alone. Images with a high level of detail and texture, such as landscapes rich in foliage, seem to suffer especially.
AccuRaw can be used for preliminary demosaicing of your raw files, prior to final, more detailed processing with other software. I'm sure it has other uses and merits but have yet to explore further.
If you are attached to a particular photo editing program for general use but have had trouble processing Fuji RAF files, I strongly recommend this very straightforward and affordable application.
Does not work for me, I want a refund
I have to reboot to get it to open. When it does open it does not work correctly. If it converts an image file, all I get is a black frame, no image. Very angry… :(
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander McGuffog
- 7.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Alexander McGuffog
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.