AccuWeather’s trusted free weather forecast app is at your fingertips
Internationally recognized by the World Meteorological Organization with awards making AccuWeather one of the best weather apps:
“Best User Interface and Data Representation”
“Best Weather Warnings”
“Best Design and Presentation of Information, User-Friendliness; Access and Customization”
**Weather Forecasts You Can Depend On**
- Live weather forecasts - including MinuteCast® forecasts for Minute by Minute® precipitation updates
- Local weather - including severe weather alerts, temperature, precipitation, and allergy outlooks for your day
- WinterCast™: winter weather forecasts - giving you advanced warnings of snowfall probabilities and accumulation
- Daily forecasts - include rain probability, cloud coverage, wind, live radar, air quality index, snowfall, and even UV index
- Advanced weather radar - gives you up to the minute views of storm tracking, snow, rain, ice, temperature changes, and much more
- RealFeel® & RealFeel Shade Temperature™ technology - helping you get a better sense of how the weather actually feels
**Live weather with Weather Alerts**
The AccuWeather forecasting and severe weather alerts you know and trust. From local weather updates to WinterCast snow alerts, get the weather forecast you can rely on. With in-depth weather news, forecast updates, free weather alerts, plus today’s forecast and much more. Find out what makes AccuWeather the best as a trusted, free weather app. It’s the weather tracker you need!
**Advanced Weather Radar**
Setting the standard for free weather radar:
- The accurate weather radar you know from AccuWeather
- Weather watches and warnings for your local area
- RealVue™ and Enhanced RealVue™ satellite imagery looking at weather patterns from space
- Weather radar views for water vapor, rainfall, sustained winds, and even storm surges
- Timely tropical storm radar tracking to see where and when storms might hit
- Current conditions maps shows temperature and RealFeel in and around your area
- 5-day precipitation outlook to see what rain, snow, and ice could be in your area
- 24-hour snowfall forecast shows detailed maps with snow accumulation and winter weather
- Temperature contour maps show how the temperature will change over the next day
For over 10 years, the AccuWeather app has brought you the weather
Whether you're on the East Coast, Pacific Northwest, Southern Coast, or West Coast this free weather app can show you snow, wind, cold, rain and more! Stay prepared with our local weather and live forecasts. From extreme humidity, severe storms, allergy info, air quality index, snow storms, and ice alerts, get live updates that matter to you. Local weather forecasts are the AccuWeather specialty.
Our weather tracker & live radar gives you Superior Accuracy™
**Severe weather warnings, today’s temperature, free weather radar maps & more!**
- Get local forecasts and personalize the app depending on where you are in the world
- Go beyond today’s weather and look 45 days ahead to ensure that you’re prepared for any weather
- Try the MinuteCast feature for the most up to date live Minute by Minute weather forecast
- Weather alerts, storm alerts, and more! Get trending videos from AccuWeather’s dedicated news team
- Weather forecasting your way - a weather tracker that can filter and customize according to your preferences
Download the AccuWeather app today for free and enjoy award-winning Superior Accuracy in weather forecasting on your iPhone, Apple Watch, or other Apple device. More than just a daily forecast, try the best weather app and get more from your forecast.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
All the facts, easy to read and navigate
I chose the AccuWeather App after I found out that my “farmer” sister showed how well it deciphers the ever changing Rocky Mountain weather. I like the feature that allows you to see about 120 minutes ahead if there’s snowfall coming and when there might be a chance to get out of the house and run an errand. It’s been pretty precise too. The sunrise/sunset and moon phases can also be found on the main screen. The main screen is well designed and further investigation of the site is easy to navigate through. It gives you a weekly forecast and if you choose to do so, you can get a 15 day forecast. I haven’t found the longer range forecast to be as accurate though. It might be unrealistic to give a 15 day forecast in our day and age. Even with all our science and gadgets it seems too “far-out” for any prediction. Short videos are available of weather related events. If you DON’T pay the approximately $4 a month, you can’t skip the commercials. They’re pretty short though - 15 seconds- which seems long when you’re waiting for the video. You can also sign up for weather alerts. I use AccuWeather’s site almost daily.
Do Not Use The Future Radar
Whatever you do, do not use the future radar. The future radar is not accurate at all. It showed that a thunderstorm would disappear by the time it would hit my area. WRONG. The thunderstorm that is a 5 miles away from my area hits me and brings penny sized hail and flooding rain. Accuweather’s algorithm for using a future radar is terrible. After you get an hour into the future radar mode, it starts broadening out the rain and sometimes exaggerates what you will see. For example, sometimes it says a shower will later turn into a hailstorm but that never happens. Sometimes it will say a thunderstorm will weaken and turn into a shower, but instead it will intensify into a hailstorm. Do not rely on the future radar for anything. All of the other features are pretty accurate. I like how it shows the rain total for the day and the night (could be inaccurate when it comes to spotty thunderstorms). The app is good with only banner ads (at least there is no video ads). I have been using accuweather for 2 years now and I have been satisfied using it, but if you are looking for an accurate future radar I would look somewhere else. Minutecast is very accurate, and I was very impressed when I first saw how accurate it was. This app is one of the first to use a minute by minute system of forecasting and I am very thankful for finding this app on the App Store.
- 2 year AccuWeather user
I get the MOST ACCURATE weather from this App !
Many weather channels & apps to choose from . I use to go by other sources , but most of them never told me the REAL WEATHER ,LIKE ACCUWEATHER DOES .It also gives more information about what to except on Winds ,Rain , Snow , and with Hourly , Daily or Weekly . So when it’s time for a Vacation or just going out shopping for the Day , I know exactly what to wear , and what items , like a Umbrella or Jacket for the cooler weather in the evening. I Have DELETED ALL MY OTHER WEATHER APPS with mistrusted details ! This one App tells me everything I need for any Outing .Makes my Days Happy , when I’m prepared .Went to Family Reunion, Very Nice Warm 80’s Weather , until the middle of outside Reunion. It started to pour down the rain , and chilled off quickly .I had a change of warmer clothes ,and raincoat & rainboots ,with a Umbrella in my Car .Sure made me tell everyone about Accuweather ,when they all kept asking me , how did you know to be prepared for a such a sudden change ! I felt like I was the Smartest Person Out Of the Whole Family !
Thank You Accuweather , you are my Daily Best Friend !
Shelley H .
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AccuWeather International, Inc.
- 166.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 AccuWeather, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- AccuWeather Premium (Yearly) $8.99
- Platinum Restore $0.00
- AccuWeather Premium (Monthly) $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.