AccuWeather’s trusted free weather forecast app is at your fingertips
Internationally recognized by the World Meteorological Organization with awards making AccuWeather one of the best weather apps:
“Best User Interface and Data Representation”
“Best Weather Warnings”
“Best Design and Presentation of Information, User-Friendliness; Access and Customization”
Weather Forecasts You Can Depend On
- Live weather forecasts - including MinuteCast® forecasts for Minute by Minute® precipitation updates
- Local weather - including severe weather alerts, temperature, precipitation, and allergy outlooks for your day
- WinterCast™: winter weather forecasts - giving you advanced warnings of snowfall probabilities and accumulation
- Daily forecasts - include rain probability, cloud coverage, wind, live radar, air quality index, snowfall, and even UV index
- Advanced weather radar - gives you up to the minute views of storm tracking, snow, rain, ice, temperature changes, and much more
- RealFeel® & RealFeel Shade Temperature™ technology - helping you get a better sense of how the weather actually feels
Live weather with Weather Alerts
The AccuWeather forecasting and severe weather alerts you know and trust. From local weather updates to WinterCast snow alerts, get the weather forecast you can rely on. With in-depth weather news, forecast updates, free weather alerts, plus today’s forecast and much more. Find out what makes AccuWeather the best as a trusted, free weather app. It’s the weather tracker you need!
Advanced Weather Radar
Setting the standard for free weather radar:
- The accurate weather radar you know from AccuWeather
- Weather watches and warnings for your local area
- RealVue™ and Enhanced RealVue™ satellite imagery looking at weather patterns from space
- Weather radar views for water vapor, rainfall, sustained winds, and even storm surges
- Timely tropical storm radar tracking to see where and when storms might hit
- Current conditions maps shows temperature and RealFeel in and around your area
- 5-day precipitation outlook to see what rain, snow, and ice could be in your area
- 24-hour snowfall forecast shows detailed maps with snow accumulation and winter weather
- Temperature contour maps show how the temperature will change over the next day
For over 10 years, the AccuWeather app has brought you the weather
Whether you're on the East Coast, Pacific Northwest, Southern Coast, or West Coast this free weather app can show you snow, wind, cold, rain and more! Stay prepared with our local weather and live forecasts. From extreme humidity, severe storms, allergy info, air quality index, snow storms, and ice alerts, get live updates that matter to you. Local weather forecasts are the AccuWeather specialty.
Our weather tracker & live radar gives you Superior Accuracy™
Severe weather warnings, today’s temperature, free weather radar maps & more!
- Get local forecasts and personalize the app depending on where you are in the world
- Go beyond today’s weather and look 45 days ahead to ensure that you’re prepared for any weather
- Try the MinuteCast feature for the most up to date live Minute by Minute weather forecast
- Weather alerts, storm alerts, and more! Get trending videos from AccuWeather’s dedicated news team
- Weather forecasting your way - a weather tracker that can filter and customize according to your preferences
Download the AccuWeather app today for free and enjoy award-winning Superior Accuracy in weather forecasting on your iPhone, Apple Watch, or other Apple device. More than just a daily forecast, try the best weather app and get more from your forecast.
In our effort to become your ideal weather app, we fixed a few bugs and optimized performance to give you an even more seamless experience.
Ratings and Reviews
All the facts, easy to read and navigate
I chose the AccuWeather App after I found out that my “farmer” sister showed how well it deciphers the ever changing Rocky Mountain weather. I like the feature that allows you to see about 120 minutes ahead if there’s snowfall coming and when there might be a chance to get out of the house and run an errand. It’s been pretty precise too. The sunrise/sunset and moon phases can also be found on the main screen. The main screen is well designed and further investigation of the site is easy to navigate through. It gives you a weekly forecast and if you choose to do so, you can get a 15 day forecast. I haven’t found the longer range forecast to be as accurate though. It might be unrealistic to give a 15 day forecast in our day and age. Even with all our science and gadgets it seems too “far-out” for any prediction. Short videos are available of weather related events. If you DON’T pay the approximately $4 a month, you can’t skip the commercials. They’re pretty short though - 15 seconds- which seems long when you’re waiting for the video. You can also sign up for weather alerts. I use AccuWeather’s site almost daily.
The Ad situation has gotten absurd.
I’ve used AccuWeather for a looong, long time. Probably since the iPhone 2. So, essentially forever. I’ve mostly enjoyed it. I wasn’t crazy when the newest design hit, and I still miss the local interaction where you used to be able to report hyper-local conditions, but they fine tuned a few things and I got over it. I never paid to remove ads, because I’m not well off (disabled), didn’t need premium, and I figured the ads probably made them more revenue than a flat fee would anyway. My infinite regrets for giving you guys my eyeball money for all that time is now deeply heartfelt.
Not only are the new Ads **incredibly** intrusive and obnoxious to a degree rarely seen outside of freemium money grab “games” (full page, won’t let you “x” out for periods of time, play loud sounds even when you’re on silent etc) but you also can’t pay a flat fee to get rid of them anymore, and those of us who didn’t pay before aren’t “grandfathered” into anything except advertising. Quite a “screw-you” to those of us who’ve been with you for so long.
I’m disabled… all I want is accurate info that I can see without waiting for a full-screen advertisement to ALLOW me to control my device, so I can do what’s necessary to get my plants/pets/partner safely and comfortably where they need to be when things turn. I guess that’s too big of an ask?
There are tons of weather apps available. The devs description is accurate, but I will tell you my top Pros/Cons. PROS: ~ Love the radar. Gives you an option to view the past or future. ~ A slick “Minute by Minute” wheel that pinpoints precipitation for the next two hours. ~ A ton of features that don’t overwhelm you when launching the app. The basic stuff is clearly and nicely laid out and simple taps/swipes will get you to deeper details if desired. CONS: * The “location services” pin points my house right on the mark. But, the app declares the location is a nearby city instead of the one my house is in. * I have several weather apps that use location services plus my own house thermometer. AccuWeather many times states that it is 4-6 degrees cooler than all the others. * That’s it. Some may feel those are picky things, but it is enough to knock off a star IMHO. Overall, a great app. I was happy to pay the $4 to support the devs and also get rid of the ads. 😄
UPDATE: AccuWeather no longer offers a pay once to get rid of ads. It is now a monthly or yearly fee. Besides costing much more, “family sharing” means nothing now. EVERY family member must pay the on-going fee if you want to get rid of the annoying ads. In other words, my pay once fee does not get grandfathered in. 👎🏻
Developer Response ,
Hi Bill, Thank you for being a loyal customer and for the detailed review. We aplogize for this issue. Please reach out to email@example.com so that we can resolve your issue with the $4 lifetime purchase.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AccuWeather International, Inc.
- 201.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 AccuWeather, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- AccuWeather Premium+ (Monthly) $3.99
- AccuWeather Premium+ (Annual) $19.99
- AccuWeather Premium (Yearly) $9.99
- AccuWeather Premium (Monthly) $1.99
- Platinum Restore $0.00