Ace Office is a comprehensive office suite for viewing and editing a wide range of documents. Not only it can support Microsoft Office file formats like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint but also OpenOffice document files. Plus, it also offers a vector graphics and flowcharts drawing program and a Math formula editing application.
- Text documents
Word Editor can open and edit the following text document formats:
• Microsoft Word 2007 - 2019 (.docx)
• Microsoft Word 6.0/95/97/2000/XP (.doc and .dot)
• Microsoft Word 2003 XML (.xml)
• Microsoft Word 2007 XML (.docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm)
• Microsoft WinWord 5 (.doc)
• OpenDocument formats (.odt, .ott, .oth, .odm, .sxw, .stw, and .sxg )
• WordPerfect Document (.wpd)
• WPS 2000/Office 1.0 (.wps)
• .rtf, .txt, and .csv
Excel Editor can open and edit the following spreadsheet formats:
• Microsoft Excel 2007 - 2019 (.xlsx)
• Microsoft Excel 97/2000/XP (.xls, .xlw, and .xlt)
• Microsoft Excel 4.x–5.0/95 (.xls, .xlw, and .xlt)
• Microsoft Excel 2003 XML (.xml)
• Microsoft Excel 2007 XML (.xlsx, .xlsm, .xltx, .xltm)
• Microsoft Excel 2007 binary (.xlsb)
• OpenDocument formats (.ods, .ots, .sxc and .stc),
• Lotus 1-2-3 (.wk1, .wks, and .123)
• Data Interchange Format (.dif)
• Rich Text Format (.rtf)
• Text CSV (.csv and .txt)
PowerPoint Editor can open and edit the following presentation formats:
• Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 - 2019 (.pptx)
• Microsoft PowerPoint 97/2000/XP (.ppt, .pps, and .pot)
• Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx, .pptm, .potx, .potm)
• OpenDocument formats (.odp, .odg, .otp,.sxi, and .sti)
• StarDraw and StarImpress (.sda, .sdd, .sdp, and .vor)
• Unified Office Format presentation (.uop, .uof)
• CGM – Computer Graphics Metafile (.cgm)
Ace Office is a third party app. We are not associated with, endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft Corporation.
Rebrand app name.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for drafts and notes
I write for a living. For me, I need two types of word processor that are very different from each other. First, I need a a word processor that provides a simple and comfortable writing environment where the word processor doesn’t get in the way. Doc Writer Pro does this and does it well. The other type of word processor I need is one that handles the finished product—with tons of adjustments and features that allow me to move around words and paragraphs. For that, I use InDesign—probably because I’m used to typesetting books in it. (I don’t like Pages—It has never felt intuitive, and using Word feels like the word-processor version of stepping on a landmine.)
For people who need an all-in-one word processor, I don’t think Doc Writer is for you. I hope they don’t mess it up by trying to make it a tiny version of Word. But if you need a simple writing environment that feels way better than Text Edit and better than a number of the other simple word processors that I’ve tried, I would definitely give Doc Writer a try. Just don’t expect it to do everything.
The Perfect Solution
This little app the perfect fit for those like myself who are seeking an alterative to Word. I've tried many others including OpenOffice but always run into the same issues that I'm trying to get free from. Though this is called DocWriter, I find it most useful for reading documents. It has the features I actually use, like setting my own default font for plain text. It allows me to save in plain text too without hassle. It has speech capability built-in, auto-save, and the ability to hide/show toolbars, rulers etc. It has a live word count and a spell checker that allows me to add words I use a lot. It allows me to turn off spell-check while typing. I've been waiting for this app to come along ever since being forced to upgrade to Word 2008 back in OS 10.7. And now, can finally cut the cord to Word altogether.
The only issue I've encountered so far is that I believe the keyboard shortcut for "spelling and grammar" (CMD-:) should open the tool itself (the box with the "learn", "ignore", etc buttons) rather than go to the nearest misspelled word.
Thank you to the Developer for this great app!
Update for v 1.0.5. Well, so much for kudos. As is often the case with updates, this one broke what was the ideal little app. Now most of the documents I try to open with it fail with the message: "DocWriter can't open this type of file 'Any Type'. Very unfortunate. Glad I had a backup of v 1.0.1!
I Regret paying for microsoft word now
i recently bought microsoft word but now i wish that i didnt because this application has most of the functionality that i was getting out of word and i am very pleased with ths application in every way! this is a must have for high school and college students who just need MS word alternative! i would certianlly reccomend this to my friends! Definily deserves 5 stars! (sorry for my not great english. my main language is spanish)
- Jingjing Li
- 228.2 MB
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2019 Ace Office. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.