acmqueue is the ACM's magazine for practicing software engineers. Written by software practitioners and developers for software practitioners and developers, acmqueue focuses on the technical problems and challenges that loom ahead, helping readers to sharpen their own thinking and pursue innovative solutions. acmqueue does not focus on either industry news or the latest "solutions." Rather, the technical articles, columns and case studies take a critical look at current and emerging technologies, highlighting challenges and hurdles that are likely to arise and posing questions that software engineers should be thinking about. acmqueue is the best way for practicing software engineers to keep up with the field. Each bimonthly issue comes packed with solid, well-grounded content developed with an eye to keeping readers informed and guiding better engineering and design choices.
Free for ACM members. Single issue subscription for non-members is $6.99
Free for ACM members. A yearly subscription for non-members is $19.99
Terms of Service: http://libraries.acm.org/digital-library/policies
- New design to unify the desktop and mobile experience.
- All previously downloaded issues will need to be re-downloaded with this major update.
- New Menu: Allows quick access to all views in the app from top left toolbar Menu.
- Bug fixes and optimizations for the latest versions of iOS.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It might be ok, but it kept trying to make me purchase the magazine. Supposedly ACM members have free access to acmqueue but the app doesn't seem to be able to log me in using my ACM credentials. So I just decided to forget it and uninstall it.
ACM member subscription
I installed this app again now that it supports 64-bit iOS. Even though I am signed in with my ACM account in the app, it still thinks I have exceeded the number of “free preview” pages I can see. I have a current ACM membership so I should not need any other in-app “subscription” should I? I tried sign out / sign in again but still not working. Maybe the developers would like to test that the most common usage scenario actually works before releasing the next new version?
It is still impossible to use in a plane :(. On start the app checks subscription, so if you do not have internet you cannot read. The only way is to open app right before the flight and praise that iOS wont push it our of memory.
Second - it cannot scale, all devices have HUGE margins
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Association for Computing Machinery
- 81.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2021 ACM, Inc. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $19.99
- September/October 2016 $6.99
- November/December 2016 $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.