# Mac App Store Best of 2015
The Image Editor for Humans.
Everyone needs to edit photos at some point, but not everyone has the time to learn complicated super pricey photo editing software. This is why we created Acorn. Add text and shapes to your digital pictures. Combine images together to create a photo collage. Work with layers to touch up your favorite photos or make something entirely new from scratch. Do all this and more with Acorn!
Latest Features Highlights
* Text on a path. Create a path with any of Acorn’s shape tools, then add text!
* Enhanced clone tool to clone across layers, images, and even clone group or shape layers.
* Updated web export window includes the ability to zoom, pan, scale, convert color profile, and retain or remove image metadata
* Smart layer export, Acorn’s alternative to slicing, has a new configurable palette to export your layers from 1x-5x.
What can Acorn do? Here’s a glimpse at a handful of Acorn’s capabilities:
* Remove image backgrounds using the magic wand selection tool or instant alpha eraser tools
* Combine images together to create collages or photo layouts
* Create logos and other vector designs using the path text tool or circle text
* Correct blemishes or image imperfections using the clone tool
* Easily adjust the contrast, highlights, shadows, and midtones in your images using levels and curves
* Lighten or darken images using blending modes, filters, or touch-up tools
Powerful Image and Layer Capabilities
* Over 25 different non-destructive blending mode options
* Unlimited layers and group layers
* Layer masks for nondestructive editing
* Transform, rotate, move, lock, merge, delete, and duplicate your layers
* Snap to grid, guides, selections, shapes, layers, and the canvas
* Supports image depth of 8, 16, and 32 bits per channel
Filters, Layer Styles, and Effects
* Unlimited combinations of layer styles and non-destructive filters possible
* Save and modify your filters later
* Create filter presets
* Tilt shift, vignette, drop shadow, distortions, & blurs
* Over one hundred additional effects
* Non-destructive curves and levels to adjust individual color channels
The Tools You Need
* Customizable clone, stamp, dodge, burn, blur, eraser, and smudge brushes
* Built-in brush designer for control of softness, spacing, and dozens of other brush refinements
* Drag and drop to import photoshop brushes
* Multi-stop live gradients
* Rectangle, elliptical, freehand, polygonal, and magic wand selection tools for making precise selections
* Convert selection to shape
* Quickmask mode to paint on a selection
* Custom color picker
* Stars, arrows, bézier curves, circles, lines, and rectangles
* Shape processor to move, tweak, generate, and adjust shapes in a stackable non-destructive interface
* Boolean shape operations include union, intersect, difference and exclude.
* Convert text to bézier paths for finer control of your text
* Snap shapes to pixel boundaries for precise alignment
Sharing & File Support
* Photos extension to edit your images from Photos
* Share images to Photos, Facebook, Twitter, and more
* Import JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF, GIF, PDF, PSD, BMP, PSD, RAW, PICT, SVG, TGA, ICO, and AI (with PDF compatibility turned on)
* Export JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF, GIF, PDF, PSD, BMP, SVG, TGA, & ICO
* Export TIFF and JPEG with CMYK color profile
* RAW image import of 32, 64, & 128 bit images
* Create layered screenshots of every window you have open on your computer
* Web export with wide gamut detection
* Automatable + scriptable.
* Perform batch image editing using Automator, AppleScript, and JS
* Editable image metadata
* Touch bar support
Acorn’s offers extensive online documentation, tutorials, a forum, and responsive support staff. You don’t have to learn by yourself. If you ever run into any issues, please let us know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Compatibility fixes with macOS 11 Big Sur.
• Fixed UI issues when swapping between dark and light aqua in the add filter sheet.
• Fixed a problem that cropped up sometimes when loading PDF files.
• Fixed a problem where an invalid custom stroke dash setting could cause the stroke to not be drawn at all.
• This is kind of a fix? The pencil tool wasn't erasing when you hold down the command and option keys and begin drawing (like the brush tool does. Did you know you could do this?). At any rate, it does now!
If you like Acorn, we'd love it if you could take a moment and give it a nice review. It helps Acorn get noticed, which helps everyone in the long run.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect for my needs and the price!
I am a very light user of graphics editing tools in general, and for years I used a really really old version Photoshop I purchased as a student. It was fine for my uses, mostly annotating screenshots, but heavy handed and too expensive to get a newer version. When I got a new computer my ancient version of Photoshop was finally too old, so I shopped around.
Acorn is a lightweight and perfectly priced app for my needs, and I barely needed to adapt to the keyboard command differences. Highly recommended for recovering Photoshop users who just don’t want to take out a mortgage to edit a few images.
good Photoshop alternative
Like many of you I can’t afford a subscriptipn for Photoshop, so I have sought out an alternative. I’ve tried Pixelmator and Affinity, and while each have some great features, I have found Acorn has the most Photoshop-like feel and keeps the interface simple. Performance is great and everything works as I expect. A minor complaint is that while Acorn can open Photoshop PSD, it cannot save this format like Affinity and Pixelmator can (via Export). This makes collaborating on a file more difficult unless everyone is using Acorn.
After years of using that OTHER editor, Acorn works!
I started using that OTHER editor, many years ago, and loved it.
But once it went to a subscription format, I started having problems as I am often working somewhere while totally off-line, so couldn't verify my license, often in the middle of a deadline!!!
After a few months with Acorn, I feel it gets 90% or more of what I need done just as well, thank you! And the price is obviously very, very low for what it does. I'm very satisfied,
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Flying Meat Inc.
- 11.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.11.4 or later.
English, German, Polish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Flying Meat Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.