Acorn is on sale for 50% off for a limited time. Grab it at a super discount while you can!
Say hello to Acorn, the flagship and award winning image editor from Flying Meat.
Everyone needs to edit photos at some point, but not everyone has the time to learn complicated super pricey photo editing software. This is why we created Acorn. Add text and shapes to your digital pictures. Combine images together to create a photo collage. Work with layers to touch up your favorite photos or make something entirely new from scratch. Do all this and more with Acorn!
# A Short List of What's New in Acorn 7
* Universal Binary that runs natively on your Intel and Apple Silicon based Macs.
* Choice of having a unified window with all the inspectors combined into a single window, or floating palettes like traditional image editors.
* Über Export. A new export workflow gives you options for specifying a color profile (like CMYK or Gray), more formats to save as (now including Animated GIFs and WebP!), precise file size of your export, and a live preview even for PDFs.
* New Zoom and Navigation Inspector gives an overview of your whole image with the ability to drag a viewport around to change the view in your canvas.
* Perspective Fix & Crop tool will help you fix images where there are problematic perspective distortions.
# What can Acorn do? Here’s a glimpse at a handful of Acorn’s capabilities:
* Text on a path. Create a path with any of Acorn’s shape tools, then add text!
* Enhanced clone tool to clone across layers, images, and even clone group or shape layers
* Remove image backgrounds using the magic wand selection tool or instant alpha eraser tools
* Combine images together to create collages or photo layouts
* Create logos and other vector designs using the path text tool or circle text
* Correct blemishes or image imperfections using the clone tool
* Easily adjust the contrast, highlights, shadows, and midtones in your images using levels and curves
# Powerful Image and Layer Capabilities
* Over 25 different non-destructive blending mode options
* Unlimited layers and group layers
* Transform, rotate, move, lock, merge, delete, and duplicate your layers
* Snap to grid, guides, selections, shapes, layers, and the canvas
* Supports image depth of 8, 16, and 32 bits per channel
# Filters, Layer Styles, and Effects
* Unlimited combinations of layer styles and non-destructive filters possible
* Tilt shift, vignette, drop shadow, distortions, & blurs
* Over one hundred additional effects
* Non-destructive curves and levels to adjust individual color channels
# The Tools You Need
* Clone, stamp, dodge, burn, blur, eraser, and smudge brushes
* Brush designer for control of softness, spacing, and dozens of other brush refinements
* Rectangle, elliptical, freehand, polygonal, and magic wand selection tools for making precise selections
* Quickmask mode to paint a selection
# Vector Prowess
* Stars, arrows, bézier curves, circles, lines, and rectangles
* Shape processor to move, tweak, generate, and adjust shapes in a stackable non-destructive interface
* Boolean shape operations include union, intersect, difference and exclude.
# Sharing & File Support
* Edit images from Photos, share images to Photos, Facebook, Twitter, and more
* Import JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF, GIF, PDF, PSD, BMP, PSD, RAW, PICT, SVG, TGA, ICO, WebP, and AI (with PDF compatibility turned on)
* Export JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF, GIF, Animated GIF, WebP, PDF, PSD, BMP, SVG, TGA
* CMYK export, single channel grayscale, and 8 bit dithered PNG files.
* RAW image import of 32, 64, & 128 bit images
* Create layered screenshots of every window you have open
* Web export with wide gamut detection
* Perform batch image editing using Automator, AppleScript, and JS
* Editable image metadata
Acorn’s offers extensive online documentation, tutorials, a forum, and responsive support staff. You don’t have to learn by yourself. If you ever run into any issues, please let us know by writing to email@example.com.
* Pinch to zoom with your trackpad now works in Export, RAW Import, and New View windows.
* Double clicking on the image name in the toolbar will now zoom the window on MacOS 10.14 and 10.15.
* When making new shapes, pressing the ESC while you've still got the mouse down will cancel the creation of that shape.
* Acorn is better at importing SVG files that were created from Apple's SF Symbols app.
* Exported animated GIFs will now loop forever.
# Bug Fixes
* Fixed a problem where changes in the color picker for the value field wasn't updating the color.
* Acorn does a better job at fitting the content size to the window when the Window ▸ Zoom Window menu item is used.
* Fixed a problem where the wrong cursor could come up when modifying an anchor in a bezier path when it's first being created.
* Fixed a problem where the cursor for the Bezier Freehand tool might not show up.
* Fixed a problem where the y value of a drop shadow might be displaying incorrectly if you had the canvas origin set to top left.
* Fixed a problem where you couldn't disable a matte background in the new export window.
* Fixed a regression from Acorn 6 where you couldn't drag an existing bitmap layer into another layer's mask.
* Fixed a problem where you couldn't save a crop preset.
* Fixed a problem where exporting as WebP wouldn't keep the alpha channel.
* German localization fixes.
* Fixed an issue where the FPS for animated GIFs wouldn't be set correctly on some images.
If you like Acorn, we'd love it if you could take a moment and give it a nice review. It helps Acorn get noticed, which helps everyone in the long run.
Ratings and Reviews
After dumping Photoshop, I tried Pixelmator, Affinity Photo, and Acorn. Of those three, Acorn is my favorite by far. Sure, it's not nearly as full-featured as PS but it's also not astronomically priced. App is very affordable considering what you get. Does almost everything I need it to do. Developers are fantastic. Very responsive. Will continue to be my go-to app for editing images.
Waited this single window style for a long time.. heh finally. good job.
Not intuitive at all
Not a fan. Hard to use.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you're having trouble with Acorn. If you contact us (using the feedback reporter under the Help menu), we can probably help you out and figure out an easier way of doing what you're after.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Flying Meat Inc.
- 17.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, German, Polish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2007-2021 Flying Meat Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.