Acoustics Basics is ideal for sound engineers, media professionals and audiophiles. The app includes a variety of tables, equations, tips and notes.
Also, includes a list of acceptable noise/sound levels for indoors and outdoors for a variety of building structures and environments.
Table of Contents:
- Abatement and Distance from Source
- Acceptable Noise - dBA - Levels
- Adding Decibels
- Blade Dampers and Noise Generation
- Blade Pass Frequency - BPF
- Classification of Noise Reduction Silencers
- Comparing Noise Criteria
- Daily Noise Dose Level
- Decibel A, B and C
- Directivity Coefficient and Sound Attenuation
- Ducts - Noise Generation
- EPA Protective Noise Levels
- Fans and Noise Power Generation
- Floor Vibration
- Frequency Limits for Octave Bands
- Ldn - Day and Night Sound Level
- Leq - Equivalent Sound Level
- Ls - Sound Exposure Level
- Machines - Sound Level Reduction
- Maximum A-Weighted Sound Levels Allowed
- NC - Noise Criterion
- Noise Exposure - Permissible Level and Duration
- Outdoor Ambient Sound Levels
- PNC - Preferred Noise Criterion
- Propagation of Sound Indoors
- Propagation of Sound Outdoors
- RC - Room Criteria
- REL - Noise Recommended Exposure Limit
- Reverberation Time
- Room Absorption Characteristics
- Sound Absorption Coefficients
- Sound Attenuation
- Sound Attenuation due to End Reflection
- Sound Attenuation in Duct Elbows
- Sound Attenuation in Unlined Sheet-Metal Ducts
- Sound Frequency, Wavelength and Octave
- Sound Intensity
- Sound Power
- Sound Power, Intensity and Pressure
- Sound Pressure
- Sound Pressure - Recommended Maximum Levels in Rooms
- Sound Transmission Through Massive Walls or Floors
- Sound Transmission through Duct Walls
- Speed of Sound
- Speed of Sound in some materials
- Speed of Sound in Gases
- Speed of Sound in some common Liquids
- Speed of Sound in some common Solids
- Subjective Effect of Change in Sound Pressure Level
- Telephones in Noisy Areas
- Voice Level and Distance
* All Content is Searchable
* All Content is available offline (no need for WiFi or Internet Connection)
* Please send us any questions, comments or suggestions using our website
- Fixed build issue
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lacks of a better user interface. Also when I scroll down to the bottom of a page, the last ending phrase does not always show up. Please, fix this.
Developer Response ,
These issues have been resolved in recent updates. Thanks for your feedback.
Good text reference
Good pocket reference for those who already have a sense for acoustics, but probably not for beginners. No calculators, text only. Surprised it's almost 7 MB for a text only app. I love supporting developers bringing acoustics apps to mobile devices though and hope the he/she continues building upon it!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Emad Attia
- 16.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © FPC Apps Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.