Keep up to date on all of the action with Police, Fire, Rescue, Ambulance, Amateur Radio, News and more all in the palm of your hand! Now you can hear it all right as it happens around you or from around the globe.
Why spend hundreds of dollars on an old-fashoned police scanner that will only receive local frequencies, when Action Scanner can tune you in to over 3,600 feeds in 19 countries worldwide?
With so many feeds to choose from, it would be crazy to expect you to pick just one. That's why we've designed Action Scanner PRO to automatically scan up to 6 feeds simultaneously and seek out the action in real time. No other IOS scanner application can offer that!
Our top-of-the-line scanner offers the features that you want most:
* Scan up to SIX stations at once - An Action Scanner Exclusive!
* Scan in the background - Action Scanner continues to run while you use other apps or turn your screen off to conserve your battery
* Find the most popular scanner feeds by state, county or world-wide
* Organize your favorite feeds into banks and switch between them instantly
* Find the active feed at a glance on the integrated map
* Configure the sleep timer and listen to the action as you fall asleep
* Beautiful user interface optimized for the Retina display
* Extensive coverage of Police, Fire, Emergency Services, Aircraft, Railroad, Amateur Radio Repeaters and more!
Please note that like all of the scanner apps in the App Store our feeds are provided over the Internet by individual volunteers, and we can't add or guarantee the availability of feeds for any particular area. We are confident that you will find plenty of information and entertainment regardless. If your locality isn't listed, consider becoming a feed provider - information is available at www.radioreference.com. This application and those like it in the App Store do not allow you to receive police radio frequencies directly on your device.
Action Scanner is the official iPhone app of Edmonton Fire Radio.
This version addresses compatibility issues with newer versions of iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
I am impressed!
I haven't found another "police" scanner except this one that is able to scan more than one frequency at a time. This scanner allows the user to scan up to six channels simultaneously; even in the background, while other apps are open. The volume then comes through loud and clear and other apps are temporarily muted. The options are adequate, and you can adjust volume and squelch for each channel individually. Frequencies can be selected with the usual search options such as city, state, country, etc., and by categories such as fire, police, EMS... with addresses can be entered for online scanner radio channels and each can be labeled with an appropriate icon.
I have purchased many other scanners available in the iTunes Store but this is the first one that satisfied my need to be able to search more than one frequency at a time similar to a hand-held portable police scanner radio.
Best Scanner App...Period!!
I've tried quite a few scanner apps, but this one is by far the best. Four banks with six channels per bank equals 24 total channels (you can only scan one bank/six channels at a time).
Very user friendly. Easy to find channels you want to store in banks. BG (background) feature allows you to listen while you open other apps.
Also, great customer service. Any questions or problems are replied to and fixed quickly (NOTE: I've used this app for about eight years and have only had to contact customer service 2-3 times)
I highly recommend getting the PRO version. It updates seamlessly with all IOS updates and is easily worth the few dollars it costs.
Seriously, don't waste your time with other scanner apps. This one is the best!!
Over Great App
Love this app, but it does have some things that could be fixed.
1. I would like it to scan all frequencies in a bank simultaneously and give priority to whichever frequency opens up first, as opposed to sequentially running down the list.
2. I would also like the ability to have more banks of channels. 4 banks seems like a lot until you start adding weather banks, and more than 1 county or separate police and fire.
3. I would also like to be able to activate/deactivate channels within a bank without having to remove them, or lock scan on a particular channel. For instance, say one channel has an event or something you really want to listen to, without isolating that channel in its own bank, you're at the mercy of the other channels and the sequencing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.