Ad Control is a powerful and simple to use ad blocker for Safari for OS X 10.11 El Capitan and above.
• Ad Control is a content blocker for Safari that blocks ads, pop-ups, banners, layer ads and more.
• Block ads on the websites you visit, including Facebook, YouTube and millions of others.
• Speed up your web browsing by filtering out unwanted content using Apple’s powerful Content Blocking API.
• Ads can cause pages to load slower, eat up your data plan and consume your battery. By blocking ads, Ad Control helps you save data and also save battery life.
• Protect yourself from annoying and intrusive ads that distract you from reading stories, watching videos, shopping or when you casually browse the internet.
• It is conscious about website owners which support their websites from ad placement.
• You get to choose which browsing experience best suits you.
• Automatically updates the ad blocking database.
• Enables you to easily report a website that still displays advertisements.
• Syncs your preferences and whitelists via iCloud across all your devices.
• The web pages will load 4 times faster on average.
• Reduce data consumption by up to 50%.
Messages from our users:
"Best adblock ever!!"
"I can visit my favorite sites, search information without annoying adverts."
"No ads in Safari!"
"The extension works perfectly blocking all ads"
For help with Ad Control or to submit feedback, please visit https://www.adcontrolapp.com
• Bug fixes and other improvements.
Your opinion is very important! If you like Ad Control please let us know what you think by leaving a review!
Ratings and Reviews
Set it to "1 Ad", appears to be serving me ALL Ads
I bought this app because Apple disabled my AdBlocker with the latest update to Safari 12. I liked the concept of allowing one ad to satisfy the site providers. However, many pages that I go to are simply loaded with ads…. it doesn’t look like anything’s blocked at all. I’m getting ads on the left column, the right column, embedded in the text, and pop-up videos. How can I tell if anything’s been blocked at all? Maybe I should try the setting that allows NO ads at all and see if anything changes. I gave it three stars in case the apparent lack of functionality is due to “operator error."
Mostly works as advertised
There are a few websites I visit where the experience with ads is so painful, it is very difficult to read or understand any of the content. I decided to try Ad Control because it had some of teh best reviews, it is relatively inexpensive, and there is no subscription.
I installed the extension, and set it for "allow 1 ad", and it appeared to not work. I had done so, since I wantd to give website owners the chance to earn som ad income. The first few websites I tried loaded with all of their ads.
Then I figured it out. The webiste designer was doing some HTML voodoo to make it seem like all of the ads were one ad. So I changed the setting to "no ads" and it worked perfectly.
Too bad, website owners. Your own greed has worked against you.
Works as described.
The extensions that are downloaded from the App Store have to be opened from the Applications folder first. It took me some time to figure this out. When you download the extension, go to your Applications folder then open the app. You can then go into the Extensions window in Safari and activate the extension. This is a strange and unintuitive way of doing things. In the ends though, the extension works perfectly blocking all ads. There is even an option to load one ad per page which is nice.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately, at this moment there is no way to activate this extension on your behalf so you need to do it manually, but maybe there will be support for this in the next releases of macOS.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Artur Grigor
- 8.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, German, Romanian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 - 2020 Artur Grigor
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.