The original AdBlock - the first and last ad-blocker you'll ever need. A one time purchase - no subscriptions needed. We've been blocking ads on iPhones and iPads since 2012 - we know our game! :)
AdBlock allows you to block ads on your iOS device. Get rid of 99% of annoying popups, banners and video ads. Protect your privacy, limit bandwidth use, speed up your device, save battery and drastically improve your day-to-day iOS experience.
The most important advantages of AdBlock are:
• AdBlock comes with a local DNS proxy service built-in. Use it to see which domains you're device is contacting. Create your own rules and assign any IP to any domain, right on your device. You can (and should!) bootstrap this feature with rules found online.
• AdBlock has enhanced DNS proxy rules export and import function. Share DNS proxy rules with other users, easily import rules found on the Internet.
• AdBlock comes with a Safari Content Blocker to block ads on websites in Safari.
• AdBlock allows you to create your own list of domains and synchronize your rules between all your devices using iCloud.
• AdBlock allows you to protect your privacy by blocking mobile trackers. Prevent Internet trackers from recording your online activity and selling your private data.
• AdBlock does not send your Internet traffic through any remote server. All of your connections stay direct, fast and secure. Ads are blocked right on your device!
• Setting up AdBlock is simple! Just download the app, and follow the tutorial to set everything up. When in doubt - contact our support!
• AdBlock automatically updates to the latest version of the filters on every app run. We keep the ad servers database up-to-date for you.
• AdBlock works with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. You don't need to set it up separately for every network you use.
• AdBlock comes with a handy widget to quickly change the DNS proxy status when needed.
Looking for support? Contact our dedicated support line directly from the app - we'll help you out with the proper setup and answer all the questions you might have.
This version contains bug fixes. Please consider updating to iOS 14.7, as it solves most of the blocking issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t hesitate to buy this
I usually don’t write reviews for apps because I’m generally not too impressed by most of them. In this case, however, I had to write a review.
I started using this app almost a year ago and was very happy with it as it worked to block ads 95% of the time in my games, apps, sites, etc. Recently, Apple decided for some stupid reason that AdBlock wasn’t allowed to block ads in the way they had been doing after it had been on the store for probably a year or more. Why Apple did that is just plain idiotic after so many people paid for this app and the developer depends upon Apple not destroying their app.
I figured this meant AdBlock would cease to function at all and I’d be back to ad-Armageddon on my phone. I’m glad I was wrong! This new DNS based ad blocking is phenomenal and in my experience it is now blocking all ads in every app I’ve tried so far, I don’t believe I’ve seen a single ad yet. The user interface is extremely well polished and the options are very flexible. The built in DNS logging inside AdBlock also allows you to manually block an ad if it’s not caught by the preset filters.
All of this is to say, buy this app. I no longer have to sit through ridiculous 30 second long video ads in apps or have fraudulent pop ups show up saying my iPhone has a virus. The state of ads on iOS is atrocious and they seriously degrade the user experience. Thank you AdBlock for solving this!
SHOULD be as simple as downloading
As a Technophobe i struggle with terminology and suffer over anything related to computers. This app should be effortless to activate if it is genuinely compatible with ipads and iphones. The video (very thoughtful) was so fast i had to watch it 12 times and take screen shots hoping to match the trail of steps. End result is,I can’t seem to install it. I’m sure the problem lies with me, but you need to make this much much easier. My safari in settings did NOT have the “Content Blocker” tab you suggested i merely need to flip on to allow adblock in. When i put my setting search bar to work for the first time ever tonight i found it, but not where you said it was. I followed the steps right up to “Swipe up to Enable” and guess what… it’s locked. Won’t allow swipe of any kind. Seriously, how do you install this thing, and i also suggest you allow folks to use the app for a few weeks to form a solid opinion of it before soliciting reviews. I would not likely have posted my difficulties so publicly if you had waited.
Works great if you can follow instructions
I swear the reviews on this app are either five stars or one stars. All of the five star people clearly follow the instructions correctly and got it working for them like it should, and conversely, all of the compute illiterate have done something wrong, or aren’t used to configurations and vpns.
One of the reviews that shows up in the “most helpful“ category literally says that they are a technophobe and that it should be as simple as downloading the app if it is truly made for iOS.
Look, it’s not that simple, but it is pretty straightforward and the results are great. I turned it off recently, and was horrified with the amount of ads that show up on mobile sites. Also, it works for most in app as well.. They were some apps that I didn’t even know had them until it turned it off.
The only thing you need to be aware of is that some apps play ads to give you “credits” (many of the free AI apps do this) and it seems to break that functionality. So I guess you can turn it off when you absolutely have to use an app with ads. Lastly, I am hoping this app is not abandoned. It is the only systemwide ad blocker that has worked for me and the last update was two years ago. It still works as it is right now, but eventually may become outdated.
So download away people, it’s only a couple bucks and it is totally worth it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- 25.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2021 eLOT Sp. z o. o.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.