Combines the synthesis power of Addictive Synth with an easy to use 4 track loop phrase recorder.
#1 Staff Favorites on US App Store !
It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops.
The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis allows you to explore an unprecedented
wide range of sonic territory. From acid loops, crystal clear percussions, realistic
human choirs to complex musical soundscapes nothing seems impossible
with only a handful parameters to tweak.
Together with the intelligent randomizer for both sounds and arpeggios you
will loose any sense of time and space while exploring unknown sonic territories.
Right from the beginning you'll understand why it's named Addictive.
With Version 1.1 you get instant hardware access together with the AKAI SynthStation 25. Use the hardware buttons for scrolling through presets and arpeggios, operating the Arpeggiator and rolling our famous dice to get instant new arpeggio creations !
4 track Loop recorder
• Live recording/playback of phrases divided in up to 4 tracks with unlimited overdubbing.
• Mute/Solo for each track.
• Paste loops from other music Apps in one of the 4 tracks.
• Loop length can be set from one to eight bars.
Dynamic wavetable synthesizer
• Six dynamic wavetable oscillators per voice, up to 48 total.
• Continous morphing between two oscillator sets.
• Realtime editing of up to 128 partials (overtones).
• Realtime editing of filter structure to create arbitrary body resonances.
• Extensive modulation possibilities using up to 4 LFOs and 4 Envelopes.
• Control matrix allows real time control of five parameters using MIDI Breath and Footcontroller, the modulation wheel and the tilt sensors.
• Monophonic or polyphonic with 4 voices. ( 2 voices on older devices )
• 128 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Up to three effects concurrently usable selected from: equalizer, phaser, flanger, chorus and stereo/cross delay.
• Play melodies live with onscreen keyboard pads. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
• Use a CoreMIDI compatible interface to play with a MIDI Keyboard.
• Musical scale setting makes for easy playing.
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Audiobus 2 support (requires iOS 7 or newer)
• Export loops as audio and midi files.
• Audio pasteboard for exchange with other Apps
• Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Sharing sound presets via mail.
- Open your recordings in other Apps using Apple’s Document interchange.
- Bluetooth audio support
- Audiobus state saving supported
- Keyboard range selection extended
- Loudspeaker output bug fixed
Ratings and Reviews
No output through headphones!
This sounds great. The problem(bug) is when connected to akai synthstation you get no output through the akai headphone out. Only the RCA put out level. What's up with that?
I would please like a refund for this app it did not work nearly as well as I thought it would I would really appreciate a refund please get back to me soon
Great iPhone version with warm tones and sequences
There's always the risk with buying these "little brother" versions of iPad synths that the developer will neglect the iPhone version. But I like phone apps for portability (and they are often 1/3 the price). Also since this app has Virtual MIDI, you can control it with your favorite pad/chord/scale MIDI app. Still, I found the selection of scales/modes fun to control within the app.
The sounds out of Addictive microSynth are some of my favorite synth sounds on iPhone. I'm no pro at designing synth sounds from scratch, so it was nice to find presets that sounded full, warm, and musical as opposed to the collection of weird avant garde presets that populate other synths. Even the 4-track looper, which I usually ignore in favor of a DAW, was convenient enough to make me want to use it. You can create loops with 2-4 layers and then playback through AB into your recording software. It's a great synth for a very fair price.
The developer, VirSyn, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- VirSyn Software Synthesizer
- 22.3 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2015 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.