It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops. The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis allows you to explore an unprecedented wide range of sonic territory. From acid loops, crystal clear percussions, realistic human choirs to complex musical soundscapes nothing seems impossible with only a handful parameters to tweak.
The new spectral noise generator adds a new dimension to the already huge sound universe of Addictive Synth. This generator is the first of its kind and allows for extraordinarily detailed control over the dynamic spectrum of the noisy part of sounds. Despite its complexity it's pretty easy to use and integrates naturally into the sound design philosophy of Addictive Synth.
Together with the intelligent randomizer for both sounds and arpeggios you will loose any sense of time and space while exploring unknown sonic territories.
Right from the beginning you'll understand why it's named Addictive.
***Best iPad Apps of the Week*** AppAdvice.com
"Addictive Synth fixes your craving for a massively customizable synthesizer experience on the iPad." - AppAdvice.com
"App Of The Week" at iDesignSound.com
Dynamic wavetable synthesizer
• Six dynamic wavetable oscillators per voice, up to 48 total.
• Continuous morphing between two oscillator sets.
• Realtime editing of up to 128 partials (overtones).
• Realtime editing of filter structure to create arbitrary body resonances.
• Extensive modulation possibilities using up to 4 LFOs and 4 Envelopes.
• Control matrix allows real time control of five parameters using the X/Y touch pad, the modulation wheel and the tilt sensors of the iPad.
• Monophonic or polyphonic with 8 voices.
• 128 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
• Up to three effects concurrently usable selected from: equalizer, phaser, flanger, chorus and stereo/cross delay.
• Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
• With the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit you can use a CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard to control Addictive Synth.
• Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer compatible.
• Velocity sensitive keyboard.
• Select from dozens of scales and play them with scale optimized keyboard layout.
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Audiobus 2 compatible (Output) (requires iOS7 or newer).
• Inter-app audio compatible (Instrument/Generator)
• Export loops as audio and midi files.
• Audio pasteboard for exchange with other Apps
• Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Preset sharing via eMail
- Send preset to Addictive Pro
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Bringing new life to old gear
While more than a decade old, I just purchased this app as part of an effort to keep my ipad2/alesis iodock combo viable. I initially bought Addictive Pro, assuming that because it lists iOS 9 as the minimum required it would work, but sadly it does not (so be warned.) I already had Cube Synth Pro, by the same developer, for a few years on my iPad8 and one might expect Addictive to provide the same sonic palette. But, unless I’m missing something, Addictive appears to offer more diverse and compelling sounds and possibilities.
A reviewer below described this as "high pitched and shrill", and I have to agree. Very glassy, metallic sounding synth. If that's what you're looking for, here you go, but I found it harsh to listen to, and when you use the randomize function, it's way too easy to get too much resonance on some already shrill sound and just have piercing sonic crap coming out of your speakers.
Presets are mostly weak, and I'm not big on this form of synthesis either when it comes to making my own patches. I managed to create a nice pad on this once, but every time I come back to Addictive after a long time hoping it will be better, it's always a waste of time again.
Other reviewers will claim I don't know what I'm talking about, but I own and happily use synths like iSem, Lorentz, Animoog, Odyssei, Sunrizer, Gadget, Thor, Magellan, N-Log... They all have their good and bad points, but I'd be hard-pressed to say anything good about this one.
It is addictive
Just bought few minutes ago and started trying the presets, and they sound beautiful, I think it's a great deal, and the prize is right. I feel very happy with my purchase.
The developer, Harry Gohs, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Harry Gohs
- 49.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.