Address Book Extractor allows you to export your Mac Address Book contacts to a local file. This file can then be used for backup purposes, or to import your contacts into a variety of popular platforms including Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail.
- CSV (comma separated), TSV (tab), and vCard extract formats supported.
- Generic and customizable layouts provided.
- Straightforward (and sensible) UI and application flow.
Fixes issue with last version (v1.4) crashing under Snow Leopard (10.6.8) unless application is run in 32-bit mode.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Missing Cards, Missing Data, Format Problems
In the 1980’s Apple supported the CSV standard. Perhaps Apple can fix the CSV export error in Contacts?
The good news: the app exported something.
The bad news: I don’t know what it exported.
There are clearly big issues with a simple application. Definitely Bravo Sierra
1. My Congressman’s Card is missing, perhaps the title “The Honorable” created problems
2. My Company Contacts are missing
2. Cards with FAX numbers are retrieved without FAX numbers
3. Email addresses are either absent, put in the wrong format, or?
4. No way I can use this for a backup and save for later application.
5. In my opinion, without more than a 60 second look, 50% of the data is missing, most of the contact names and companies are there.
By the time I buy five apps on the cheap that don’t work, maybe I should have spent $50 to get something to save my headaches.
There is no search or on the fly selection
I purchase this program thinking that I can pick and choose what I want to the export specific records i have to csv, but unless I make it into a group first there is no way to oragnize what I want by selection like what I can do in adress book. With a 14,000 address and need to export no less than 15 times a days this is not the program to do the job I wanted.
Review the work
I exported to csv and opened in Excel. Some of the email addresses were on the wrong line. The email address was one line below where it should have been. Also, it inserted (or Addres Book added) a strange control character in some of the phone numbers. À was added to some numbers. It works ok but be sure to review the work for accuracy.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.