AdGuard is an ultra-efficient ad blocker for Safari. It will not only remove annoying ads but also secure your privacy with advanced tracking protection. AdGuard for iOS is an open source app, it’s totally transparent and safe to use. The app is free but offers additional paid Premium features for advanced users.
- Safari ad blocking. Removes all kinds of ads in Safari. Say goodbye to annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads. Whitelist your favorite websites or use manual blocking tool to hide any element on the page.
- Privacy protection. The web is full of trackers that literally watch your every click. AdGuard offers a selection of filters aimed directly at trackers and web analytics that will ensure your private data stays that way.
- Speed acceleration. Safari browser runs up to 4x faster. AdGuard removes tons of rubbish and you can freely surf the web!
- Reduced traffic consumption and increased battery life. Banners and ads sometimes add up to half the size of the page. By blocking them, you’re saving your battery life and Wi-Fi/mobile traffic.
- More than 50 popular subscriptions (EasyList, EasyPrivacy, etc.) plus AdGuard's own powerful ad filters, including language-specific filters. Together they don't leave ads a chance.
AdGuard Premium includes following features:
- Custom filters. Add your own filters by URL even if they are not on the default list.
- DNS privacy. Blocking regular online trackers is not enough if you want to assure 100% protection of your online privacy. Choose any of the user-favorite DNS providers or configure a custom DNS server.
- Dark theme. You either like it or not, it's that simple. Now you have it your way, either way :)
- Security filters. Protect yourself from dangerous websites riddled with malware or fraud.
AdGuard Premium is a paid annual service with subscription cost $2.99/year (price may vary by region). Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscriptions may be managed and your auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchasing a subscription.
AdGuard is a leading company in developing ad blocking software for multiple platforms. For more than ten years AdGuard has been helping millions of users enjoy safe, clean, and fast internet.
Follow us at @AdGuard on Twitter, facebook.com/AdGuardEn/ on FB or send us a message at email@example.com.
AdGuard for iOS is 5 times stronger now, enable up to 250,000 rules in Safari at once! Also, we introduce Premium features such as DNS privacy, Custom filters, and Dark theme.
Ratings and Reviews
It works great for blocking those annoying ads. But it fails miserably at being able to whitelist more than one site. The first one I whitelisted, I have no problems with. But the second one? Can’t come close to saying the same. Nine times out of ten, when I visit that site, I get the message that its being blocked by an ad blocker. That defeats the entire purpose of having the whitelist function. Get it together.
Edit: Well, now it doesn’t even function at all! I had to turn the blocker off to use a site (the same one I alluded to earlier,) but after turning it back on, it blocks NOTHING! Even after making certain it was on, and restarting the phone 7 times already, I STILL get ****ing ads! EPIC FAIL!
Edit 2: It’s official. This is easily the worst “ad blocker” I’ve ever had. Despite being active, it does NOT block ads. I had to deactivate for a few minutes to use a site that was *supposedly* whitelisted. Then I reactivated it, and *nothing.* I closed all tabs, and restarted Safari. I wiped my history, and cookies. I even restarted the phone 3 times. Nothing. It is a colossal failure. I do not recommend it at all.
My Favorite iOS Ad Blocker
The best ad blocker around. I've been using this for months on my iPad, iPhone and both of my Macs. I use it with Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. It consistently blocks all things I do not want to see, I have no problems seeing what I choose to accept, and it provides a more than acceptable level of customization by way of configuration and selection of standard and proven subscription choices. I've tried seven other options since ad blocking extensions were enabled for iOS and Adguard is definitely the best.
I use a paid OpenDNS subscription passed through DNSCrypt for DNS at home and NordVPN when I go into the wild, so I cannot speak to the DNS style Adguard ad blocking. Regardless, my not using the Adguard DNS servers has had zero effect on how well this extension does its job.
So far so good
I installed it on my iPad and iPhone for Safari. I don’t use either as much as I do my main laptop and desktop but for the times I do the ads were getting out of hand. On one website, the same ad appeared eight times on the page at the same time. It has only been a couple of days but the ads are gone. Whether that continues remains to be seen. If not, I will go to plan B.
This is an update since my original review a couple of months ago. It is still working as it is supposed to on both my iPhone and my iPad. None of the ads I was getting before have come back nor have there any new ads.
if it continues to work as promised, I should have no problem. so far I am very satisfied with it.
- Performiks OOO
- 123.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Performix LLC
- In-App Purchases
- AdGuard Premium $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.