Adobe Acrobat Reader is the world’s most trusted PDF reader and PDF editor with more than 635 million installs. View, share, annotate, add comments, and sign documents —all in one app. You can store your files online and read documents anywhere.
Features from Adobe’s Fill & Sign app are now available in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Fill, sign, and send any form fast and reliably. You can even snap a picture of a paper form and fill it in on your phone or tablet, then e-sign and send. It’s that easy: no physical document, no printing or faxing needed.
Get your 7-day free trial and try all the features of Acrobat Reader.
With a premium subscription, you can also edit text and images in scanned PDFs, use the PDF converter to combine, organize and convert to PDF & more.
• With our PDF editor, edit text and images directly in your PDF (mobile only)
• Fix typos or add paragraphs with the PDF editor feature
• Easily add, delete, or rotate any image
• Import custom fonts from Creative Cloud
• Edit PDFs you’ve scanned & make scanned text editable through OCR
MERGE & ORGANIZE PDFs WITH PDF CONVERTER
• Split or combine multiple files into one PDF with PDF converter
• Use the PDF editor to insert, delete, rotate, crop & reorder pages in your PDF file
CREATE, CONVERT & EXPORT PDFs
• Easily convert to PDF from any file type—including Microsoft files, Google Docs, and images
• Export and convert PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or image files (jpg, png, and more)
COMPRESS & HIGHLY SECURE PDFs
• Compress PDF files to reduce the file size for easy saving and sharing
• Protect PDF documents by adding unique passwords
Subscribe now to access all these features and use Acrobat across mobile and web platforms.
VIEW & PRINT ANY PDF
• Open and view PDFs with the PDF reader
• Choose Single Page or Continuous Scroll mode
• Print docs directly from your devices
USE LIQUID MODE FOR OPTIMAL PDF VIEWING
• Get the best PDF reading experience with Liquid Mode
• Quickly navigate & adjust font size or spacing
• PDFs readjust to fit your screen
• Use Search to instantly find text in your documents
SHARE PDFs & COLLABORATE
• Share files for commenting or viewing
• Collect & respond to comments from multiple people in one file
• Receive activity notifications for shared files
• Use @mention tag to invite & add non-collaborators to the review
• Add personalized sticky notes, comments, and highlight text
• Write and draw directly on PDFs
• Share files with others and collect their comments in one place
FILL OUT & SIGN FORMS
• Easily fill out PDF forms with the form filler feature
• Use the document signer to add your signature using your finger or a stylus
STORE & MANAGE FILES
• Sign in to your free account to store and access files across devices
• Link online storage accounts like Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive
• Star files to quickly open important documents
CONNECT THE PDF READER TO GOOGLE DRIVE
• Easily access PDFs and other files
• View, share, and star Google Drive files
• Create, edit, compress, and export Google Drive files with a subscription
WORK WITH SCANNED DOCUMENTS
• Access the scanned PDFs you’ve created using the free Adobe Scan app
• Open your scans in Acrobat’s PDF Reader to fill, sign, comment & share
The Acrobat Reader mobile app is designed to work with customers who have Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) enabled.
Terms & Conditions:
Do not sell or share my personal information www.adobe.com/go/ca-rights-linkfree
Adobe Acrobat Reader fits your entire office into your pocket. View, fill, sign, and share PDFs with our PDF editor. Working with PDF documents has never been so simple.
NEW: SHARE PDFS IN A FLASH WITH iMESSAGE
Now you can share a PDF via iMessage with just a few taps. Simply open Messages (iOS 17) and tap on the menu of iMessage apps. Select the Acrobat Reader icon and choose a PDF from your stored files. Your PDF will then be added to the message and is ready to send.
Ratings and Reviews
Adobe Acrobat Reader Review
I have been a user of Adobe Acrobat Reader and their family of products for literally decades. Several Adobe products have become the de-facto standard in many areas. Such as (***.PDF) being a common identifier for documents that crossed platforms and allowed people to share documents. Just as Xerox became the commonplace word embraced for all by a copy machine. Adobe has been the word for documents or attachments and such.
Adobe Acrobat Reader used to be a free product! The Adobe family of products is now so vast that much or their applications are by subscription service only. Some Adobe applications will offer you a free install but all of the desirable features are only available through a subscription. It is like being given free addicting drugs then once hooked, and unable or undesirable to change, they start selling you a product that once was free.
Don’t get me wrong, I like their products but I am questioning if maybe another providers product may be more suitable going forward.
Premium seems to be a waste
I pay for a Premium subscription yet this app and Adobe Scan continue to identify me as a free user. Whenever I attempt to use Premium features such as “Create PDF” or “Edit PDF” it takes me to a screen and asks me to subscribe. Whenever I choose the subscribe button it informs me I already have a subscription. It then processed indefinitely. I’ve checked for updates of the app. That does not seem to be the issue. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. I’ve logged out and back in several times. I’ve tried to reach out to customer service representative (which does not seem to be an option). I’ve turned to Adobe troubleshooting forums to fix this issue. Attempts to troubleshoot are infuriating to put it lightly and result in no helpful resolution. This seems to be a consistent problem for Premium users as there are numerous posts on a few different threads all posing a similar issue. The options offered don’t seem to be helpful. Some of the posed options under these threads were buying PDF packs, not using Reader and instead downloading Adobe Acrobat Pro on to desktop computer to use features from there, etc. Yet these all do not fix the issue and defeat the purpose of a Premium subscription: why have a Premium subscription for an app when the user cannot use the Premium features using that particular app? Disappointing
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Sorry you're having trouble! 😔 Your subscription should automatically activate. If you have an issue, you can reactivate or restore your purchase as follows:
1. Tap the profile icon.
2. Tap Subscriptions.
3. Tap Restore purchases.
After a dialogue appears stating your purchase is restored, relaunch the app and try using your paid services.
If the issue persists, please contact our community of experts at (adobe.ly/readercommunity). We would love to help you. Thanks! 🙂 ^VB
Integration with iCloud notes and search broken
You cannot create pdf files from iCloud notes. The feature is there but is not functional. The performance of the app suffers greatly if you are using lots of local storage. I had to offload all of my local files because the app lags so badly. Offloading is no easy feat because you have to plug your device into a PC launch iTunes and drag the files to your PC, worse is that you cannot do this efficiently if the files on the iPad are in a folder. Folders cannot be moved from the device to the PC. You have to first move items in the folder to the main/root location of local Acrobat storage in the iPad and then go back to iTunes and drag them to your PC location. The only good thing about this is at least iTunes will tell you which folders are empty. That helps for cleaning up. In the end I had to follow this process to offload my local files and reinstall the app. I wish Adobe would fix the fonts in app. Having to tap multiple times to change from a font size of 20 to 10 is ridiculous. Worse is you have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU EDIT YOUR FILE!!! Document closes if you switch to another app for a few seconds, this also causes loss of recent changes! Does not support Apple Pencil. Latest update won’t clear search feature after you open a file from a search result!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adobe Inc.
- 358.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2023 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Acrobat Premium - Monthly $9.99
- PDF Edit and Convert Monthly $9.99
- Acrobat Premium - Yearly $69.99
- PDF Pack - Doc Creator $9.99
- Premium - Edit & Create PDF $9.99
- Adobe ExportPDF $23.99
- Adobe Acrobat Pro $24.99
- Acrobat Premium - Monthly $3.99
- Adobe Acrobat Premium $4.99
- Acrobat Premium - Monthly $9.99