Adobe Fresco: Painting Studio 4+
Sketch, Draw and Paint Artwork
- Offers In-App Purchases
Precision, creativity & freedom – Adobe Fresco is your personal & professional drawing tool for everything. Sync across devices and take your skills to the next level.
Adobe Fresco is a free drawing and painting app designed for artists of all skill levels. Built specially for iPad with Apple Pencil and iPhone, Fresco offers a wide variety of brushes to help you create your next masterpiece.
Create beautiful digital art with three types of brushes:
• Live Brushes: Paint with watercolors and oils that blossom, blend, smear, and smudge just like the real thing.
• Pixel brushes: Experiment with world-class Photoshop brushes (.abr) that mimic mediums like charcoal, pastel, and more.
• Vector brushes: Create crisp lines for designs that can scale to any size.
Canvas or a sketch pad, watercolor or oils – Fresco has you covered. Easily paste reference images from your clipboard to trace and practice your form. Use our dynamic motion tools or show off your process with family and friends by exporting a timelapse video. Discover transforming effects like Liquify.
Adobe Fresco reimagines essential tools for illustrators, including modernized selection and masking with a flexible UI so you can draw faster and without distractions. Brushes and projects follow you across devices so you can work wherever inspiration strikes. Subscribe to the premium version of Fresco to access thousands of premium brushes, fonts, shapes and increased cloud storage.
• Brush variety — Paint with 50+ Photoshop paint brushes, vector brushes, and exclusive Live Brushes. Use built-in smudge brushes for easy blending as well as a set of pixel and vector eraser brushes.
• Professional-level tools — Create like a pro with powerful tools for drawing and painting including selections, masking, unlimited layers, and layer groups.
• Multicolor eyedrop — Pick up the elements of any piece of artwork to paint with multiple colors at once using any pixel brush or Live Brush.
• Recolor your artwork — Photoshop-like adjustment layers allow you to easily test and apply changes to brightness, hue/saturation, and color balance.
• Time-lapse — Export a video that replays the creation of your artwork from start to finish.
• Magic wand, liquify and free transform — Easily select your artwork with the magic wand tool and use liquify and other free transform tools to alter any object.
• Motion tools — Adding motion to your artwork is as easy as drawing a stroke. Create an animation frame by frame or with motion paths for a GIF or MP4 movie file.
• Learn content — Strengthen your skills with step-by-step tutorials and built-in video tutorials.
• Drawing aids — Trace along the edges of a ruler, circle, square or polygon with a brush or fill inside or outside of a shape with the Fill tool.
• Guides & grids — Align your artwork easily, create natural-looking perspective artwork or create perspective from an imported photo.
• Share your artwork — Export in popular formats like PNG, JPG and layered PSD files.
• Seamless integration with Photoshop and Illustrator — Open documents in either app without importing or exporting. Send your layered vector illustrations directly to Illustrator for desktop or iPad for those finishing touches.
• Sketch and Draw migration — Access your Adobe Photoshop Sketch and Adobe Illustrator Draw projects the first time you sign into Fresco.
• An expanded library of 1,000+ brushes
• Access to over 1000+ premium fonts for use in Fresco
• Seasonal brush releases from Illustration evangelist Kyle T. Webster
• Ability to import brushes (ABR files)
• Increased Creative Cloud storage
Terms & Conditions:
Do not sell or share my personal information: www.adobe.com/go/ca-rights-linkfree
SNAP TO SHAPE: You can now draw refined shapes. Draw a rough shape, hold your stylus at the end of the stroke, and a refined shape will snap. You can drag to scale and rotate as needed.
MOTION ON CLIPPED LAYERS: You can now create even more dramatic animations by applying motion to clipped layers.
NON-CONTIGUOUS OPTION FOR MAGIC WAND AND FILL: Change the color of disconnected areas with the new “Contiguous” control in Fill and Magic Wand settings. We’ve enhanced the performance so you can now fill or select areas on pixel layers much faster.
NEW LEARN EXPERIENCE: In the Learn tab, filter, search and browse tutorials from the Adobe YouTube playlist and follow along with picture in picture play mode.
TIMELAPSE DURATION: Shorten the duration of your Timelapse videos for social posting.
Ratings and Reviews
The best painting experience ( free version )
I am a student and learning painting as a hobby. I have been painting when I was 3 years old, I am not professional however drawing/painting has been part of my life for nearly 4 decades. I am trying to move to digital painting for sometime now and used different softwares like photoshop with stylus, procreate etc. I wanted an app which can provide real painting/drawing experience and adobe fresco fulfills that dream. The live brushes are just amazing. There are reviews which talk about not having many tools but I don’t think we really need them unless you are working on a time constraint production. Real painting is not about having multiple tools, it’s about the experience. I am glad that there is a eraser option as in real media you don’t even have that luxury. I used procreate it’s a great app for digital artists but does not mimic the experience of real painting. So don’t go by the bad reviews and try out this app. I really really don’t want adobe to kill this app just for bad reviews. Also there has been a lot of feedback on high prices, however I think they are just for professionals who are mostly already paying for creative cloud. I just have the free app ( didn’t register for 6 months ) and I have access to all the tools I need to learn and practice. I believe adobe did a great job here and should be appreciated.
Another amazing Adobe app, that will become the standard.
I’m an amateur artist. Have been drawing/sketching since I was a kid. I got an iPad Pro a little a year ago, because I had become temporarily disabled, and needed something to keep me busy, for I would be confined to a bed for a long time. I of course got an Apple Pencil, and started doing the “paint by numbers” apps on here. Then of course, I downloaded the the Adobe Sketch app. It was okay. I literally have no idea what was/am doing, so I was very limited. Then Fresco was released. At first it still felt like the Sketch app, just a bit more customizable. Then when you guys finally released the big update after the 6 month trial, it opened a whole new world for me. Everything became more streamlined, and super easy to understand. Adding Brushes from PS super easy, but still limited. But over time, with more updates, it has become something special and unique. I bought and tried Procreate, several times, but I always end up going back to Fresco. Watching, and experiencing this app evolve, while I’m learning and evolving with it, has been amazing, and with so much time in the future to refine it, and better integrate PS with it, it will become the new standard. I’m so excited to see it happen, knowing I started from the very beginning. Thank you to the whole team over there!
Now I know how the pros do it.
Hi there! I just recently downloaded this app, (as in, yesterday) and I am a aspiring 10 year old artist. I want to specialize in the Japanese art, anime and this helps a bunch! All though I can draw on paper easily, I’m still trying to find what suits ME, so I went on a adventure throughout the App Store, and came out empty. One day I was watching TV and your commercial came up for photoshop, so I searched up Adobe, and got this. I download the app and it was surprisingly easy to navigate. I thought all the techniques would be hard to use, but I was wrong. It was actually really simple. Everything was easy to use.
I kinda wish, and I know y’all have to make money somehow, but I wish it was all free. Like the Manga and Comic features so I can practice that (I also would like to be a author) but it wasn’t free and I’m using my school account so I can’t access it.
Going into 5th grade art is gonna be my elective, so this will be really helpful. I wanna be a pro some day, so this is probably gonna be a keeper until I get more advanced. If I have anything else to say, or anymore comments or concerns, I’ll edit… If not then I will leave it. Until then, happy creating aspiring artist like me, or good luck out there ya pros!!! Bye bye!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adobe Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 - 2023 Adobe. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Fresco + Ps on iPad $9.99
- Fresco $9.99
- Adobe Design Mobile Bundle $14.99
- Fresco + Ps on iPad $9.99
- Fresco + Ps on iPad $79.99
- Adobe Design Mobile Bundle $149.99