Adobe Scan is free to download and turns your mobile device into a powerful scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR) and allows you to create, save, and organize your paper documents as a digital file.
Scan anything — receipts, notes, ID cards, recipes, photos, business cards, whiteboards — and turn them into PDF or JPEG files you can work with on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
HOW IT WORKS
• Scan any document and convert to PDF or photo.
• Create high-quality scans of lengthy documents with Book Mode.
• Quickly scan and save your important documents to Dropbox or Google Drive so you can access and share them wherever you are.
• Adjust the brightness and contrast of your scans in just a few taps.
• Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner.
• Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, resize, and adjust color.
• Remove and edit imperfections, erase stains, marks, creases, even handwriting.
• Capture forms, receipts, notes, ID cards, health documents, and business cards and organize into custom folders so they are easy to access and find.
• Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed. You can even highlight expenses on tax receipts with ease.
QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTO LIBRARY
• This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to.
• Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll.
• Turn your scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks text for reuse through automated text recognition (OCR).
• Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit, resize, and reuse in other documents.
SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
• The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text.
DO MORE WITH ACROBAT
• You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections, add comments, fill and sign documents.
• Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned text and content to work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Subscribe for even more scanning power. Subscriptions work across Scan and Reader mobile apps and Acrobat on web.
• Combine scans into one file so you can take multiple scans and consolidate into one document.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file formats to repurpose or reformat your documents.
• Increase OCR capacity from 25 to 100 pages so that you can find text in multiple scans.
Download the free mobile scanner to convert important photos and documents into PDF and JPEG files to help you stay organized. Adobe Scan is the PDF converter trusted by millions worldwide.
Terms & Conditions:
Do not sell or share my personal information
NEW – STRAIGHTEN PAGES IN BOOK MODE
Users can now use the new AI-powered Straighten feature (beta) while scanning pages in book mode. When enabled, this feature detects and smooths the curved pages of a book for more flattened and readable scans.
Ratings and Reviews
Shocked and Awed!!!! Excellent tool!
Incredibly handy, effective, and helpful. Take a moment how to learn how to use this app/software, and you won’t be disappointed. I’m not even super techy and it wasn’t hard to operate. I really could go on and on, but give it a try and you’ll definitely see yourself, especially if you’re a regular desktop to PC scanner. Ahhhhhmazing! If you don’t have access to a desktop scanner, or can’t get yours up and running, or on the go and can’t get to one and need to scan something, this is hands down one handy app. For personal or business use, it’s going to deliver. With this app on the go, you could literally work from the tailgate of your truck if you had to. It’s actually so cool and easy, it makes you want to scan stuff that you’d normally not, or put off. If you can hold your tablet or phone steady for pictures, then you can scan with this. Not to mention all the extra tools and features. As always, through the decades of use, Adobe continues to deliver and stay up on top of the technology game.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for being an Adobe customer. It is greatly appreciated! 😃 👍 ^Sonika✨
A few bugs but overall a game changer.
I’ve been using the app for years and a while ago it deleted all the cloud files I had. It was a huge loss but luckily even if the scans were gone the images were still auto saved to another folder in my images app. It’s annoying to have to recrop each photo and adjust the light settings all over again but it’s not as big of a loss as I initially thought. It’s a fantastic scanner and as for allowing an easy transition from traditional art to digital it’s allowed me to bridge the gap between two worlds that were before entirely separate. Now instead of taking hours to trace on top of photos for illustrator files I can make a couple task sketches and scan the best, then clean up in PS and use the image trace function to create vector shapes. It has small bugs in terms of storage but it might also have to do with me switching Adobe plans or the email I had connected to the account. It’s overall fantastic and has completely changed how I approach my workflow in a very positive way with just a few minor hiccups. I highly recommend it under the condition that you immediately save every new scan and original image external to acrobat as a precaution. Otherwise it’s amazing to no longer need a bulky scanner.
Developer Response ,
"Uh oh! That's not ideal. I apologize for the trouble. Let us help make this right.
Solution 1: Adobe Scan files are saved automatically in the Document Cloud. Log in to https://cloud.acrobat.com/ using your Adobe Scan credentials. Then go to Files - Document Cloud - Adobe Scan folder. Check if you can find the files there. If the files are deleted from Document Cloud, then it is impossible to recover them.
If that does not work and you're using your Apple ID, try Solution 2:
1. Go to the home screen/recent screen (that has the scans listed).
2. Tap on the profile icon on the top left.
3. On the top, the email id/login in with which you are logged in would be displayed. Confirm if this is the same email ID that you used to create the scans earlier.
4. If the answer is yes, log out and then choose the option to sign in via Apple ID.
5. Use the same email address that was displayed in step 4 to log in via Apple ID.
Note: If you are not uploading the files to Adobe Document Cloud or saving it to any other location, then the files will be removed permanently and there is not much that can be done to recover the files from Adobe's end.
Solution 3: Uninstall your app and restart your device. Reinstall your app and see if your files appear in your app.
That should do the trick, but feel free to write us back if you need anything else! Thanks for being an awesome customer. :) SS
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adobe Inc.
- 282.7 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2024 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe Scan Premium - Monthly $9.99
- Adobe PDF Pack $9.99
- Adobe Scan Premium $9.99
- Adobe Scan Premium $69.99
- Adobe Scan Premium $3.99
- Adobe Scan Premium $29.99
- Adobe PDF Pack $89.99