The ABT App for Home and School is an invaluable resource for both parents, teachers, and mental health workers. Covering individuals from ages 12 to 17, it provides strategies which address over 50 common behavioral and emotional concerns of adolescents. They include bullying, choosing and using mobile devices, communicating with teens, conversational skills, cooperation, cyber bullying, death and grieving, depression, distractibility, divorce, eating disorders, eating too much, expressing feelings, fears and phobias, guidelines in the use of social media, hair pulling, hyperactivity and impulsivity, improving adherents, improving nutrition, Internet usage, lying, making friends, managing conflict, managing criticism, managing screen time, managing stress, memory, obsessive-compulsive notice, oppositional defiance, organization, peer pressure, school attendance, selective attention, self-abuse, self-esteem, sexuality, sibling rivalry, sleeping, social problem-solving, stealing, substance abuse, suicidal indicators, suicide intervention, sleeping, vaping, victimization, violence, and worry. This most recent update includes strategies to help families and schools deal with COVID-19. Along with strategies are resources for further reading including lists of books, magazine and journal articles, and websites.
• Users can attach a personalized note along with their selected strategies.
• Therapists or teachers can generate a list of behavior suggestions that can be emailed directly to parents from the app or parents can send strategies to teachers at school who are working with their child to encourage consistency of approach.
• Parents can also use suggested strategies as discussion points with their teens to encourage cooperation.
• Strategy listings can be viewed on screen, saved to a pdf file for future reference, printed out in a book format and sent as an attachment to a text message, emailed, saved to iCloud, or exported to Apple Books©.
In addition to updates for the current existing behavioral strategies, the developers of the Adolescent Behavior Toolbox thought it extremely important to provide information for parents and teachers about coping with COVID-19. Although there is a lot of information available on the Internet, it takes a significant amount of time to find credible sources and get to the essence of what is likely to be the most helpful. We’ve taken the time to do that and provide a list of resources by country which we feel will have the widest applicability.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Behavior Tool Box Inc
- 26.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Behavior Tool Box Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.