The Animal Diversity Web announces a beautiful, informative set of interactive pocket guides for Great Lakes parks, zoos, and museums. Each guide includes information on wildlife, visiting the park, zoo, or museum, and trails that guide you in exploring the natural features of each place.
This free application includes 2 free regional guides with dozens of trails to explore and species information at your fingertips. Complete access to all the parks and guides is a simple purchase away. Enjoy all the content and future updates for life!
The full set of guides includes -
• Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
• Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore
• Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
• Porcupine Mountains State Park
• Seney National Wildlife Refuge
• University of Michigan Museum of Natural History
• Toledo Zoo
• Great Lakes Zoological Society
• University of Michigan Biological Station
• . . . and the wildlife in your home and backyard with Pets and Pests!
The ADW (animaldiversity.org) is transforming its rich body of animal diversity information into mobile nature guides customized to the wildlife and natural features of particular places to highlight the unique characteristics and experiences available at each. Created in partnership with those parks, these mobile guides incorporate park-specific information, including fun and educational “trails” for users to explore and share with friends.
ADW pocket guides include beautiful images of animals and their habitats and a wealth of information on species found in that place. Use these guides to identify local animals and learn more about them!
• Experience the full functionality of the mobile guide offline.
• See the animal species found in a local area.
• Obtain in-depth information on the natural history of all species, including 16 sections such as range, habitat, diet, behavior, reproduction, and conservation status.
• See beautiful images of local species, their habitats, tracks, nests, and different life stages.
• Take photos, make detailed animal observations, write notes, and share with your friends by email, message, and social media.
• Explore trails and educational experiences and share them with friends.
• Search all information by common terms.
• Filter species by common name, scientific name, habitat, diet, and conservation status.
• Enlarge all images and view captions and image data.
About the Animal Diversity Web:
The ADW is a globally recognized resource for high quality information on animal species and a widely used source of information for education.
We are proud to share a percentage of all mobile guide revenues with the parks, museums, and zoos highlighted in the guides.
Visit the ADW!
For help, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Updated URL addresses.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent new tool!
So many possibilities with this new app. Brilliant concept, beautiful interface.
Much-needed Michigan natural history app. A necessity if you're in the state!
The developer, Animal Diversity Web L3C, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.